Why did you use the Calabash in Tasky.iOS example which is in "Xamarin.UITest [XTC102]" Materials

SJ-87SJ-87 USUniversity ✭✭

Hi, can't we do Xamarin.UITest to Xamarin.iOS (Tasky.iOS) app which is in Xamarin.UITest [XTC102] Materials.
I don't understand that, why did you add the Calabash in Tasky.iOS References. I want to test that app without using the Calabash. Could you please tell me that how can I do Xamarin.UITest for Xamarin.iOS app without using the Calabash.
If yes could you please provide us a sample example. This would be very helpful for me.

Thank you.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• MarkSmith.8123MarkSmith.8123 US Xamurai
    Accepted Answer

Hi @sravan.5131 --

The Calabash server is a test agent which is used by Xamarin UITest to automate the iOS application. It's also used by the Calabash testing framework (which is what it was originally developed for). You need to add it to any iOS application you want to test because iOS does not allow you to use the automation APIs unless you are part of the OS or part of the app bundle.

I hope that helps!
    Mark Smith
    Xamarin University

Answers

• MarkSmith.8123MarkSmith.8123 USXamarin Team, University, XamUProfessors Xamurai
    Accepted Answer

Hi @sravan.5131 --

The Calabash server is a test agent which is used by Xamarin UITest to automate the iOS application. It's also used by the Calabash testing framework (which is what it was originally developed for). You need to add it to any iOS application you want to test because iOS does not allow you to use the automation APIs unless you are part of the OS or part of the app bundle.

I hope that helps!
    Mark Smith
    Xamarin University