Sandbox errors from a Unified app relating to GameController / IOHIDLibUserClient

JohnConnersJohnConners GBMember ✭✭
edited June 2016 in Xamarin.iOS

I've switched an app over to the Unified API (full .NET 4.5) and on testing a sandboxed build I get the following errors in the console that I haven't seen before (i.e. in the Classic world):

deny(1) mach-lookup com.apple.GameController.gamecontrollerd
deny(1) iokit-open IOHIDLibUserClient

I can get rid of the second error (which always appears ~15 times) by adding the 'com.apple.security.device.usb' (although I have no reason to do so as I'm not doing anything related to USBs), however I've no idea where the first one is coming from. It occurs once on startup of my app every time and I am certainly not referencing the Game Controller framework - some static initialisation in the bowels of Xamarin.Mac maybe?

I'm running XD 6.0.1, Mono 4.4.1 and XamMac 2.8.1.4 and I'm pretty sure this'll mean I can't submit to the Mac App Store successfully so I'd definitely like to find out where it's coming from or if I can stop it from happening.

Tagged:

• JohnConnersJohnConners GBMember ✭✭

Definitely a bug in Xamarin.Mac unified and easily reproduced, reported here: https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=42177

• ChrisHamonsChrisHamons USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Thanks for the report! I've seen that as well.

In my experience they are just noise/cosmetic. Are you seeing that as well?

Yeah, they don't effect the running of my app at all, so definitely noise. Not sure if Apple will reject it or not (a lot of their own apps do the same sort of thing), so will report back when I next submit an update!

• ChrisHamonsChrisHamons USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

I highly doubt it will break submission, or every Xamarin.Mac app would likely be broken.

Good point! I guess I'm just used to being unlucky with app review! Thanks again (and also for sysdrawing-coregraphics - finally got around to porting to mobile unified and away from the flaky old System.Drawing and everything works beautifully).