CarouselView 2.3.0-pre2

• ToddHardinToddHardin USMember ✭✭

@HotTotem - big thanks for sharing your solution for page indicators - exactly what I needed to sort out

• HotTotemHotTotem DEMember

@ToddHardin glad you like it! Unfortunately using the material design on android removes the borders on the buttons and makes the dots invisible, ill add a solution to this in the post tonight :)

• JKayJKay USMember ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016

Pre 2 looks good. One thing I would say is make sure you clean and rebuild after upgrading otherwise you may get this error:

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Xamarin.Forms.CarouselView' threw an exception. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly or one of its dependencies.
    07-28 09:06:37.365 E/mono-rt ( 5040): File name: 'Xamarin.Forms.CarouselView.Platform

• DavidDunscombeWrkDavidDunscombeWrk GBMember ✭✭

iOS renderer is not jumping to the correct position on first load - its always at position 0.

I have updated the PageIndicator Project here : GitHub and the tutorial : hot-totem.com/blog/post/carouselview-pageindicators-xamarinforms to make it compatible with material design :)

• YongZhong.3560YongZhong.3560 AUUniversity

anyone tried to use the itemselected event handler, it seems to have some really strange behaviours

@YongZhong yes i think it is acting weird... Go with the page selected event its more reliable

• Sam___DSam___D USUniversity ✭✭

@BryanHunterXam said:
    A CarouselView-pre2 package was just released to Nuget: https://www.nuget.org/packages/Xamarin.Forms.CarouselVIew

Other news: CarouselView is scheduled to be open sourced on Tuesday, August 2, 2016.

That was yesterday and I can't find the source on Github...

• LucculLuccul FRMember ✭✭

Carousel work with Windows Phone ?

• BryanHunterXamBryanHunterXam USXamarin Team Xamurai

The CarouselView is now open source:
    https://github.com/xamarin/Xamarin.Forms.CarouselView

• LucculLuccul FRMember ✭✭
    edited August 2016

@NMackay So WinRT can work with Windows Phone Silverlight no ?

• NMackayNMackay GBInsider, University mod
    edited August 2016

@Naografix

No, I don't think so, someone correct me if I'm wrong. We're supporting UWP but nothing before it.

• AlexWestRIAlexWestRI USUniversity

Is there any way to achieve a card-like view, as shown in the blog's image?

• AndyBarajasAndyBarajas USMember ✭✭
    edited August 2016

Anybody else having the background color of their listview turn grey when tapping outside of the list view in a carousel view? iOS only

• AndyBarajasAndyBarajas USMember ✭✭

Example of this bug in action is attached. Just click on the red or blue box view and see that the list view background turns gray.

• AbelGarciaSaizAbelGarciaSaiz USMember ✭✭

Hi

I'm trying to make the carouselview (pre-2) clickable (through a tapgesturerecognizer) but in Android it's not working whereas in iOS it works perfectly.
    Is it really working or am i doing something wrong?

Thanks

• OddbjornBakkeOddbjornBakke NOMember ✭✭
    edited August 2016

@AbelGarciaSaiz said:

Hi

I'm trying to make the carouselview (pre-2) clickable (through a tapgesturerecognizer) but in Android it's not working whereas in iOS it works perfectly.
    Is it really working or am i doing something wrong?

Thanks

We had this problem. The only solution we could find that worked, was this one. Using a color transparent boxview over the element inside. It's kind of hackish, but it worked. :neutral:

<cv:CarouselView.ItemTemplate>
        <DataTemplate>
            <Grid>
                <local:SomeView />
                <BoxView Color="Transparent">
                    <BoxView.GestureRecognizers>
                        <TapGestureRecognizer />
                    </BoxView.GestureRecognizers>
                </BoxView>
            </Grid>
        </DataTemplate>

• AbelGarciaSaizAbelGarciaSaiz USMember ✭✭

Thanks @OddbjornBakke
    Although it is working with that hack, it's not a solution for me because it is delegating the tap gesture on carousel items and not in the carousel itself whose binding would be in the page's viewmodel.

I would try to find another workaround

Thanks

@AbelGarciaSaiz said:
    Thanks @OddbjornBakke
    Although it is working with that hack, it's not a solution for me because it is delegating the tap gesture on carousel items and not in the carousel itself whose binding would be in the page's viewmodel.

I would try to find another workaround

Thanks

We do something like (including that boxview hack):

<cv:CarouselView x:Name="carouselName" ... />

and then:

<br /><cv:CarouselView.ItemTemplate>
        <DataTemplate>
            <TapGestureRecognizer Command="{Binding Path=BindingContext.SomeCommandToExecute, Source={x:Reference carouselName}}" CommandParameter="{Binding .}" />

Then the bindingcontext is the pages viewmodel, width a generic command, taking the carousel item viewmodel as a parameter.

There might be a lot better ways of doing this, but since this is a preview, I have not used that much time finding alternative solutions. So please tell if you find a better way ;)

• GuiPluchGuiPluch FRMember

Hello everyone,

I have a Xamarin.Forms application where i use the new CarouselView. My main page is a TabbedPage where i have a navigation page for each tab with a content page. In one of my tab i have a CarouselView. It works perfectly on iOS but on Android, since the TabbedPage allows user to swipe to change tab, the CarouselView swipe is not working.

Is there a way to make it work ? Maybe by disabling the swipe on TabbedPage on Android ?

Thank you !

• AdrianKnightAdrianKnight USMember ✭✭✭✭

When I display a carousel of content pages, appearing and disappearing events don't seem to be called when position is changed.

• ChaseFlorellChaseFlorell CAInsider, University mod

@AdrianKnight said:
    When I display a carousel of content pages, appearing and disappearing events don't seem to be called when position is changed.

Here's how I handled it
    http://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/72960/whats-the-cleanest-way-to-have-one-unique-view-per-view-in-a-carouselview#latest

@ChaseFlorell So then the child items should be defined as views (in your case CarouselContentView : ContentView)? I suppose it doesnt make sense to use pages.

• AntonyRey.9710AntonyRey.9710 FRMember ✭✭

Hello,

I'm using CarouselView pre2.

Everything works fine on Android.

However, in iOS 8.1, it works fine until i try to navigate to another page (setting Detail to another page in MasterDetailPage) : i'm facing a crash...

iOS 9 is OK.

Has anyone got same issue ?

Thank you, have a nice day,

Antony

• Guys, I'm having issue with System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Xamarin.Forms.Platform.CarouselViewRenderer' from assembly 'Xamarin.Forms.CarouselView, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
    I've tried rebuild project doesn't help.
    Any ideas?

• RyanWatsonRyanWatson USMember ✭✭✭

Everything was working fine and Carousel View was working. All of a sudden this morning I keep getting this error. Any clue what would cause that to happen?

Could not load type 'Xamarin.Forms.Platform.CarouselViewRenderer' from assembly 'Xamarin.Forms.CarouselView, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

@Ron.Klintskey @RyanWatson Many renderers seem broken now. See Daniel's response here.

@AdrianKnight said:
    @Ron.Klintskey @RyanWatson Many renderers seem broken now. See Daniel's response here.

Thanks, I downgraded and that fixed my issue.

• Jan-DavidStrkJan-DavidStrk USMember ✭✭

Short question: Is the CarouselView (pre2) reliable for you? Because I nested it inside a TabbedPage and it randomly switches to the right / left tab instead of switching to the previous / next carouselview-item. Any ideas on how to fix that?

• BadStormBadStorm ITMember ✭✭

There is any way to use the CarouselView in vertical?

I just worked on enabling iOS TabbedPage to have sliding behavior like Android. I know CarouselView is intended for another purpose, but if you're interested, you could take a look here: https://github.com/xamarin/Xamarin.Forms/pull/434

• Have following problem with WP platform, when try debug on Windows 10 mobile, catch unhandled exception, but it's successfully working in emulator 8.1

Attempt by method 'Xamarin.Forms.ItemsView+ItemsSourceProxy.get_SyncContext()' to access method 'Xamarin.Forms.BindingBase.TryGetSynchronizedCollection(System.Collections.IEnumerable, Xamarin.Forms.CollectionSynchronizationContext ByRef)' failed.

Does someone have the same problem, could you help me?

Anyone else having a problem where the order of their pages are changing? I have 7-8 pages and when I scroll to the last page and then back to the first page, the first page is different than what it was the first time.

@RyanWatson said:
    Anyone else having a problem where the order of their pages are changing? I have 7-8 pages and when I scroll to the last page and then back to the first page, the first page is different than what it was the first time.

Might have something to do with carouselview reusing cells. Some code will do this. Same goes for ListView etc.

• JKayJKay USMember ✭✭✭

Tried looking at this on Github, but couldnt even set the project up with spaces in the file path. Filed here: https://github.com/xamarin/Xamarin.Forms.CarouselView/issues/6

The complexity of setting this project up i.e. doing the steps here https://github.com/xamarin/Xamarin.Forms.CarouselView#opening-solution to even open the project is a real barrier for anyone looking to contribute to this project.

Any reason its so complicated to open / build?