Problems with creating droid project in cross platform solution

JonAlzaJonAlza ESMember ✭✭

Hello,

I'm using Visual Studio Community 2015 Update 2 but I have problems with Xamarin. I want to start using Xamarin with shared project option but when I created my first app I got this error:

A problem was encountered creating the sub projecct 'SharedTestXApp.Droid'. Value cannot be null. Parameter name: path1

Searching for this error I found this question on stackoverflow:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/36371588/cannot-create-android-project-in-a-xamarin-forms-portable-solution

I checked Tools > Options > Xamarin > Android Settings and in Android SDK Location I don't have the path. I tried with C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\platforms\android-23 folder, but I got another error:

Invalid SDK
Cannot find adb.exe in specified SDK path:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\platforms\android-23\platform-tools\adb.exe.

Which is the correct SDK location?

• VictorGarciaAprea.9996VictorGarciaAprea.9996 USXamarin Team Xamurai

can you run this from a command-prompt:

C:>dir C:\abd.exe /s

That should tell where adb.exe is living in your box.

• JonAlzaJonAlza ESMember ✭✭

When ran this command on my personal laptop, it didn't find the file, but at work it did find. It seems that some installation element is missing.

• JonAlzaJonAlza ESMember ✭✭

I'm trying to use SDK Manager to install whatever I need. I have 18 packages to install, but when I click on "Install 18 packages" and choose "Accept License" the "Install" button is still disabled, so I can't install anything...