Forum Xamarin Test Cloud (Read Only)

Test chunking failed: Format of the executable (.exe) or library (.dll) is invalid.

BuildHelpers.Exec "mono" (nugetTestCloud + " submit " + appPath + " xyz --devices xyz--series master --locale nl_BE --app-name ourAppName --user [email protected] --assembly-dir " + android_buildFolder)
)

When running this command on our build server, we receive following exception : "Test chunking failed: Format of the executable (.exe) or library (.dll) is invalid. "

Is this a known issue with uploading android packages to the test cloud ?
When running the command on our local machine, we are able to upload the package and all tests seem to run fine. What difference could have an impact on this behaviour ?

• dcc-mobiledcc-mobile BEMember ✭✭

Bump, anyone using test cloud upload commands ?

• Any solution for this??

• AnthonyMehallelAnthonyMehallel USMember ✭✭✭

@dcc-mobile ,

• mono environment variable is set correctly in your build server ?
    • Your build server is a mac os ?
    • verify if you use the same Xamarin.UITest's version between the project/Packages/Xamarin.XX.Version and the path to ddl folder.

Anthony Mehalle.

• Bartdk-Bartdk- USUniversity ✭✭

@VikasMathur.7488 Seems like we were uploading to much assemblies.
    You should try to limit the uploaded assemblies to your ui-test dll only (and the xamarin ui test dll).
    Once we stripped out all other dlls/files we were able to push the tests to the cloud and run all our UI tests.

• c.lamontc.lamont USUniversity ✭✭

Having this error too, any help would be great.

• c.lamontc.lamont USUniversity ✭✭

So I fixed this by rebooting the build server and/or setting clean to true in VSTS as shown in the attachment.

• Ron999Ron999 USMember ✭✭

@Bartdk- said:
    You should try to limit the uploaded assemblies to your ui-test dll only (and the xamarin ui test dll).
    Once we stripped out all other dlls/files we were able to push the tests to the cloud and run all our UI tests.

made a new folder in the test\bin\debug\newfolder and copied 4 libraries from the bin\debug folder to this folder then referenced the folder in my CLI works fine so far at least it is uploading now .

the four files i copied are 1- nunit.framework.dll
    2- nunit.framework.xml
    3- uitests.dll
    4- xamarin.uitest.dll

UPLOAD FAILED!!!!!!!!!!!!
    yuk

• Ron999Ron999 USMember ✭✭

@Bartdk- said:

made a new folder in the test\bin\debug\newfolder and copied 4 libraries from the bin\debug folder to this folder then referenced the folder in my CLI works fine so far at least it is uploading now .

the four files i copied are 1- nunit.framework.dll
    2- nunit.framework.xml
    3- uitests.dll
    4- xamarin.uitest.dll

UPLOAD FAILED!!!!!!!!!!!!
    yuk

Uploading files... failed.
    Error: EPERM: operation not permitted, unlink 'C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp\appcenter-upload118027-9912-z3y06i.00hsq\apps\redux_June1st.Android-Signed_resigned.apk'> @Ron999 said: deleted file now tests are running

Current test status: Running on 1 device (0 / 2 completed, 1 pending)