Collapsable Regions

This may or may not be a feature already, but if it is not, I figured it would be a simple but very helpful feature addition.

I'm a very big fan of using regions in Visual Studio (ex. #region Button Events ....... #endregion) In Visual Studio this region a expandable and collapsable making it very nice and neat for code organization. Xamarin has the #region functionality but it is not collapsable or expandable. It would be great if this was implemented so that code organization and to minimize the amount of scrolling that is required.

• Go to Preferences > Text Editor > General and check the "Enable Code Folding" option.

• DaveHuntDaveHunt USMember ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013

It's already there in the editor settings.

The settings currently allow you to set collapsing on/off and, if on, you can set always collapse on/off. In any event, during a session you can expand/collapse individual regions as long as collapsing is enabled.

Unfortunately, it doesn't currently remember which regions are collapsed/expanded from session to session for a given file.

• TonyVlahovicTonyVlahovic USMember ✭✭

Awesome thanks, but yeah if it were able to remember which regions are collapsed/expanded from session to session for a given file would be a nice addition and make this feature true to what I believe it's primary purpose is.

• softlionsoftlion FRBeta ✭✭✭

Why don't you use Visual Studio instead ? Xamarin Studio will never beat it. Xamarin is spending too much efforts on this product. The company is too small to fight against Microsoft. And Xamarin Studio is not what is making people buy Xamarin license. It's just there as an additional tool. This is not the main product.

• @Softlion When you're developing on a Mac (iOS or Android applications), you don't necessarily want to use Visual Studio because you don't want to install Windows using bootcamp or VMWare/Parallels.

• softlionsoftlion FRBeta ✭✭✭

I know that. It's not about developers. It's about business. Sad to say, but small resources means small focus. Maybe Xamarin Studio should become a separate product, sold separatly. Maybe not, as bundles are best than lots of small products. I don't have stats, but x business is .NET for android/iphone, maybe component store (if it works one day), not x studio.