Stable Release: Xamarin Studio 6.0.0, Cycle 7 Feature Release

BrendanZagaeskiBrendanZagaeski Brendan ZagaeskiUSForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Please direct any discussion about this release to the main release announcement in the General forum:

Stable Release: Cycle 7 Feature Release

• SridharBalajiSridharBalaji Sridhar Balaji USMember

Updated to Xamarin Studio 6.0. After installation, double-click on the icon to run and it won't run. Nothing happens. No error message. No error dialog. Nothing. Complete fail in silence.

• BrendanZagaeskiBrendanZagaeski Brendan Zagaeski USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

SridharBalaji, it is generally recommended to update Xamarin Studio using the updates channel as mentioned in the main release announcement.

For example, if you have only installed the Xamarin Studio package, then you will be missing a corresponding update to GTK# (2.12.38) that was published at the same time. That said, it is possible to download the new version of GTK# separately from http://www.mono-project.com/download/#download-win.

If the GTK# update does not solve the issue, then please zip up the IDE log files from %LOCALAPPDATA%\XamarinStudio-6.0\Logs and attach them on a bug using the "Cycle 7" new bug form (as discussed on the main release announcement). Thanks in advance!

• DirkoSwanepoel.2573DirkoSwanepoel.2573 Dirko Swanepoel USMember

How can I downgrade from 6. The code formatting is completely broken.

• InghamIngham Thomas Guzman FRMember
    edited June 2016

You call it Stable, it keep crashing every 5 minutes or so, even when doing nothing
    Installed 3 hours ago and already sent like 10 crashlogs via the Apple report dialog

BTW I don't know if you receive it when sending it like that

Edit: I managed to find the crashlog in ~/Library/Logs/Xamarin Studio-6.0/Ide.log
    So I've filled a bug:
    https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=41693

• NuninzNuninz Nuno Horta USMember ✭✭

This new version is assuming my project is using Git, by some reason. I'm using svn, and I can't select to update my solution. Is there any known issues on this?

• kugjokugjo Maxim Biyanov USUniversity ✭✭

Could we expect some kind of Visual Studio key bindings scheme to have in XS?

• kugjokugjo Maxim Biyanov USUniversity ✭✭
    edited June 2016

@kugjo said:
    Could we expect some kind of Visual Studio key bindings scheme to have in XS?

Oh, just have found this on the feature requests tracker
    -)

https://xamarin.uservoice.com/forums/144858-xamarin-platform-suggestions/suggestions/2708557-visual-studio-key-bindings-for-xamarin-studio

• DaveFrischknechtDaveFrischknecht Dave Frischknecht USMember

I just upgraded to Xamarin Studio 6.0 build 5147 using the update dialog. I'm trying to push changes in my project to my GiHub repository. I entered my username and the personal access token I created. I see in the progress bar a message that it's pushing changes, but that message never goes away and my remote repository never gets the changes.

• TomasNemecTomasNemec Tomas Nemec CZMember

Can you help me? I upgraded to 6.0 using the dialog and now my project does not build at all. It gets stuck. Reinstall did not help. Cloning the project from a git repo did not help. I am unable to get my project to build (mdline mdtool works, but gui just hangs)

• FokkeVermeulenOldFokkeVermeulenOld Fokke Vermeulen USMember

That's definately not a final! Everytime it is crashing and my UnitTests are not more executed since two days. Directly after updating it worked for half a day, since that time i don't get any message, why they are not executed. It is so frustrating.

where can I clear the cache from xamarin Studio 6? Maybe that helps

• AntonDashivskyiAntonDashivskyi Anton Dashivskyi UAMember

Hello, I can't add any packages after update. Dialog doesn't display.

• TtescarTtescar T tescar CNMember

@BrendanZagaeski Is that vim not supported in this version,I only can use the extension Just Enough VI for the 6.0 ,And it's not support well

• KeesPaulKeesPaul Kees Paul NLMember ✭✭

How can I restore my code formatting settings?

• BrendanZagaeskiBrendanZagaeski Brendan Zagaeski USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai
    edited June 2016

Hi all, as mentioned in the first post in the thread:

Please direct any discussion about this release to the main release announcement in the General forum:

Stable Release: Cycle 7 Feature Release

That thread mentions the recommended approaches for various kinds of issues and requests. For example, please do:

File a bug using the "Cycle 7" new bug form if you have found an issue that only happens on Cycle 7 (or if you have found an issue that you otherwise suspect is a bug).

Thanks in advance!

• GregKowieskiGregKowieski Greg Kowieski USUniversity

holy crap! this update has me dead in the water. I've literally spent the past two days un-installing, installing and beyond with nothing working. I realize it has to be something user related but how to find it is beyond me.

Does anyone know how to successfully go back to the older version?

edited June 2016

The main release announcement in the General forum includes a section "Updating and downgrading"

http://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/68358/stable-release-cycle-7-feature-release/p1

• GregKowieskiGregKowieski Greg Kowieski USUniversity

Thx, That finally worked. Mental note, always ghost your machine before doing a VS update.

edited June 2016

This thread has now been closed to direct all further updates onto the announcement for the first follow-up bugfix release for Cycle 7:

This discussion has been closed.