Xamarin.Forms 2.3.0-hotfix1

2»

• JohnHardmanJohnHardman GBUniversity ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016

I'm getting the following when building for iOS, after upgrading to 2.3.0.49 (stable) today:

C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Xamarin\iOS\Xamarin.iOS.Common.targets(673,3): error : Failed to resolve "System.Void CoreGraphics.CGSize::.ctor(System.Single,System.Single)" reference from "Xamarin.iOS, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=84e04ff9cfb79065"

Has anybody else encountered this?

• MichaelDimoudisMichaelDimoudis AUUniversity ✭✭

My iOS UITabBar styling is totally broken with 2.3.0 now :( was ok up until 2.2.

I'm setting colours like this https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/comment/95638/#Comment_95638 in a custom renderer.

Even this in my AppDelegate.cs doesn't work anymore:
    UITabBarItem.Appearance.SetTitleTextAttributes (new UITextAttributes {
    Font = UIFont.FromName (Theme.IOS_FONT_NAME_NORMAL, 11f)
    }, UIControlState.Normal);

:neutral:

• MittchelvanVlietMittchelvanVliet USUniversity ✭✭

Constantly getting the error: Error downloading 'Xamarin.Android.Support.v7.CardView.23.3.0'

When trying to download Xamarin.Forms.. any ideas?

• jim_seowjim_seow DEMember ✭✭

When trying form native embedding: NestPlatformControl

Visual Studio 2015 does not recognize #if WINDOWS_UWP in Window 10 debugging environment.

Any suggestion?

• SamanthaHoutsSamanthaHouts USXamarin Team Xamurai
    edited June 2016

@MichaelDimoudis said:
    My iOS UITabBar styling is totally broken with 2.3.0 now :( was ok up until 2.2.

I'm setting colours like this https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/comment/95638/#Comment_95638 in a custom renderer.

We've introduced BarTextColor and BarBackgroundColor on TabbedPage, so you can now set these directly on your TabbedPage instead of using a custom renderer.

• DavidDancyDavidDancy AUMember ✭✭✭✭

@MittchelvanVliet As a workaround, change your computer's time zone to somewhere west of UTC. Bizarre, huh! See https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=41983 for details.

@SamanthaHouts said:

@MichaelDimoudis said:

We've introduced BarTextColor and BarBackgroundColor on TabbedPage, so you can now set these directly on your TabbedPage instead of using a custom renderer.

Hi Samantha

Thanks for getting back to me, but there are major issues with this, breaking existing things and even regressions. I’ll submit a Bugzilla when I have time, but 2.3.0 totally breaks my UI/UX. Here are the issues:

TabbedPage BarBackgroundColor maps to UITabBar BackgroundColor which is fine.

And that’s about it.

TabbedPage does not have appropriate replacements for UITabBar BarTintColor or SelectedImageTintColor.

TabbedPage BarTextColor works, HOWEVER it does not work as desired. The BarTextColor does not change according to what tab is selected like is the case when using BarTintColor and SelectedImageTintColor. BarTextColor sets the color of the text to always be that color, and does not change if tab is selected or not.

Further, this is a bug/regression.

UINavigationBar.Appearance.SetTitleTextAttributes affects the UITabBar too now! If I change the font for UINavigationBar it ALSO affects UITabBar. UITabBarItem.Appearance.SetTitleTextAttributes does not work anymore.

So not only did my custom renderers stop working, but regressions on UITabBar got introduced.

This might seem minor UI issues, but this is a big deal and breaking change in some applications like mine. As a result I will have to, once again, skip a Xamarin Forms version due to regressions :(

If these can be looked at and fixed that would be really appreciated. If I had time I’ll try a pull request but I’m very busy atm. Thanks :)

• SamanthaHoutsSamanthaHouts USXamarin Team Xamurai

@MichaelDimoudis: We understand your frustration, and we take all feedback very seriously. We are investigating fixes for your concerns. Thank you!

@SamanthaHouts said:
    @MichaelDimoudis: We understand your frustration, and we take all feedback very seriously. We are investigating fixes for your concerns. Thank you!

Thank you :)

• AlanSpiresAlanSpires USBeta ✭✭

@SamanthaHouts

+1 for what @MichaelDimoudis said. This broke the formatting for my app as well.

• ChristianDennigChristianDennig DEMember

@SamanthaHouts +1 for what @MichaelDimoudis said.

• CNicolasCNicolas FRUniversity ✭✭

Thanks for adding the TextColor on the picker. Could we by any chance have an ItemsSource & SelectedItem on the picker in the next update :) ? Current solutions, even the ones in XLabs just don't seem to work properly :/
    Great work as usually

• CharlesGuerinCharlesGuerin CAMember

The IOS Web View in Xamarin.Forms 2.3.0.49 is still not resizing correctly on rotation, it goes completely wonky and changes its position, width and height the more you rotate the screen.

Completely wonky.

• NMackayNMackay GBInsider, University ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016

@CNicolas

Check out the post from @KarlShifflett on this thread.

I've used that version to bind to a list and set SelectedItem and it works fine in iOS and Android (only platforms I've tested with). Granted, it would be nice if it supported that out of the box but that code works fine.

https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/63565/xamarin-forms-picker-data-binding-using-mvvm#latest

• MichaelRumplerMichaelRumpler ATMember ✭✭✭✭

@CharlesGuerin said:
    The IOS Web View in Xamarin.Forms 2.3.0.49 is still not resizing correctly on rotation

Christine Blanda said the same in bug 30047, but she used a custom renderer which set the AutoresizingMask. Maybe you have the same problem?

I wrote my own WebView + renderers long ago as the XF one was so buggy and it was not fixed. I'll never go back.

• CNicolasCNicolas FRUniversity ✭✭

@NMackay said:
    @CNicolas

Check out the post from @KarlShifflett on this thread.

I've used that version to bind to a list and set SelectedItem and it works fine in iOS and Android (only platforms I've tested with). Granted, it would be nice if it supported that out of the box but that code works fine.

https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/63565/xamarin-forms-picker-data-binding-using-mvvm#latest

Awesome, thanks !

• JKayJKay USMember ✭✭✭
    edited June 2016

A roadmap of Xamarin.Forms would be great.

I am So in the dark at the moment about Xamarin.Forms development. All we've had since Evolve is 1 bug fix.

Let the community know Whats going on and get some feedback with a roadmap

• AdrianKnightAdrianKnight USMember ✭✭✭✭

@JKay +1 for roadmap.

Things got really slow after Evolve. I understand that they probably had a lot of internal activity. Hoping the team can get back in the game soon.

• rmarinhormarinho PTMember, Insider, Beta Xamurai

Hi @MichaelDimoudis that issue should be fixed in the 2.3.0 hotfix to be released and next versions of Xamarin.Forms.

@rmarinho said:
    Hi @MichaelDimoudis that issue should be fixed in the 2.3.0 hotfix to be released and next versions of Xamarin.Forms.

Thanks for the teams hard work. Any ETA on this hotfix on nuget? Or is it only available via GitHub download in releases?

• JohnHairJohnHair GBMember ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016

Nice, I'll be taking a look at 2.3.1-pre1 shortly as Im after the fix for 39486 (TableView.HasUnevenRows = true is ignored).
    EDIT: Jumped the gun slightly, those updates aren't available on nuget yet...

• rmarinhormarinho PTMember, Insider, Beta Xamurai

@JohnHair they are up now!

• RyanSappRyanSapp USMember ✭✭

Is anyone else experiencing images not rendering in Android when updating to the latest version of Xamarin.Forms?

• JoeMankeJoeManke USMember ✭✭✭

Is there a reason that the new App Linking features are not implemented on the OpenUrl() methods of FormsApplicationDelegate on iOS? It took way too much work to figure out I had to add that override, and a passthrough method to the protected Application.OnAppLinkRequestReceived(), because neither UserActivityUpdated() or ContinueUserActivity() is hit when opening the app from a custom URI scheme. Eventually found the answer from this older documentation on app linking without Xamarin.Forms.

• batmacibatmaci DEMember ✭✭✭✭

When I have listview with an entry inside CarouselView tapping into Entry cause itemselected and Positionselected to be fired. Has anyone ever experienced this?

2»