Inspector button greyed out

Hello,

This has been asked but vague answer, and question closed. So, I hover on the Inspector icon but says "Inspect current app". Am I missing something?

Tools installed: VS2015 running Android.

Thanks.

Answers

• SandyArmstrongSandyArmstrong USXamarin Team, Insider Xamurai
    1. Do you have an Enterprise license? This is a requirement.
    2. What Android emulator is your app running in? Only VS Android Emulator and Xamarin Android Player are supported.
    3. What version of Android are you targeting? We only support 4.0.3 and greater.
    4. Do you have linking disabled and Fast Assembly Deployment enabled? These are also required.

If you meet all of these requirements, please share your VS extension logs, thanks!

• ombinarombinar USMember

Do you have an Enterprise license? This is a requirement.
    Me: Yes

What Android emulator is your app running in? Only VS Android Emulator and Xamarin Android Player are supported.
    Me: XAP PR Build 0.6.5

What version of Android are you targeting? We only support 4.0.3 and greater.
    Me: Running 4.4

Do you have linking disabled and Fast Assembly Deployment enabled? These are also required.
    Me: Yes

Thanks for the quick reply, Sandy.

Also:

5) What channel are you on? Inspector requires beta or alpha (mostly tested on beta).
    6) What version of Inspector do you have installed? Latest is 0.8.1.

If all that checks out, I'll definitely need logs to diagnose.

5) What channel are you on? Inspector requires beta or alpha (mostly tested on beta).
    Maybe this is what I'm missing. Is this Visual Studio 15 Preview?

6) What version of Inspector do you have installed? Latest is 0.8.1.
    0.8.1 Downloaded here - https://releases.xamarin.com/category/inspector/

@ombinar when I say what channel, I mean what Xamarin channel. See https://developer.xamarin.com/recipes/cross-platform/ide/change_updates_channel/#Change_the_Updates_Channel_in_Visual_Studio for details.

If you are on the Stable channel, live app inspection will not work for Android.

Also, VS15 support is totally untested, and will remain that way for some time. It's possible that the Inspector works there, but I do not know.

On Windows, the Inspector is only supported for VS2015.

Sandy,

I followed all your suggestions even Alpha/Beta channels and no go. For now, I'll do the old fashion way and wait for the Inspector release version down the road.

Thanks.