Is there a way to limit the amount supported plataforms when creating a new Xamarin.Forms project?

andradedearthurandradedearthur USMember
edited May 2016 in Xamarin.Forms

Hi there. I'm studying Xamarin.Forms (on Visual Studio), so I create a lot of demo projects, however I only need Android and iOS projects. But because Xamarin also adds Windows, WinPhone and UWP to the project, Visual Studio takes a lot of time to create new projects. Is there a way to tell Xamarin to only add Android and iOS projects when creating a new Xamarin.Forms project?

Best Answers

• coolrjmcoolrjm IN ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Hi,

Just try to uninstall these Windows, WinPhone and UWP SDKs if you are not focusing on these platforms for now and VS will complain that it cannot find the SDKs to proceed with creating them and you can click Skip to continue and you will be left with only 2 projects (Android and iOS).

This is faster and saves time.

Regards,

Answers

• ShantimohanElchuriShantimohanElchuri USMember ✭✭✭✭✭

Just remove those projects. There will be no loss.

• andradedearthurandradedearthur USMember

Hi @ShantimohanElchuri. The problem is that I want to prevent these projects from even being created in the first place, because they make the process of creating a new solution really slow. But thank you anyway.

@ShantimohanElchuri Thank you. I'll do like that for now.

• coolrjmcoolrjm INMember ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Hi,

Just try to uninstall these Windows, WinPhone and UWP SDKs if you are not focusing on these platforms for now and VS will complain that it cannot find the SDKs to proceed with creating them and you can click Skip to continue and you will be left with only 2 projects (Android and iOS).

This is faster and saves time.

Regards,

Thank you @coolrjm. I'll try that.