App performance is very slow and also crashes

Hi All,

I am using Xamarin.Forms in Mac (Xamarin Studio, 5.10.3) from past 1 month, I have been developing one simple app which has 5 to 6 screens my app contains the functionalities like Sqlite, Zxing, Bluetooth scanner, Custom Renders, Dependency Services.

Also in my app there is nothing like downloading content from internet. I have been testing the forms app in several Android devices since my app has almost all static content the app performance is very bad. I am not able to test the app more than 10 minutes the app response is very slow and sometimes the app is closing/crashing.

Even in iPhone also performance is slow but compared to android its good. I used async/await for page navigations and also I used SQLiteAsync for DB operations.

Please help me to resolve with the performance issue.

Thanks,
Mahendra.

Answers

• OzanKeskin.7430OzanKeskin.7430 GBMember ✭✭

I suggest using the Xamarin Profiler to see if its memory leaks. Otherwise can't really give you more advice since I don't know what you are doing.

Worst case scenario, if you have time, test one page at a time and see if it changes anything. Then you can atleast narrow it down.

• jariwalahetaljariwalahetal USMember ✭✭

Is there any update?