Forum Xamarin.Forms

Xamarin.Forms.Maps 2.2.0.31 and GooglePlayServices --> Signature Not Valid

Hello,

For the last couple days, I've been trying to upgrade the various packages in our Xamarin Forms application.

I've been banging my head against a wall trying to get Xamarin's GooglePlayServices 29.0.0.1 to work with Xamarin.Forms.Maps. Forms.Maps has worked perfectly on Android until just the other day.

Searching the Internet, it seems possible the issue is related to Google updating Play Services to 9.0.83... however I'm not sure what options I have for a workaround as Xamarin.Forms Android requires specific versions of the Xamarin's support packages.

Any help or troubleshooting tips would be greatly appreciated!

John

The following is logged is being logged:

[GoogleSignatureVerifier] com.google.android.gms signature not valid.  Found: 
[GoogleSignatureVerifier] MIIEQzCCAyugAwIBAgIJAMLgh0ZkSjCNMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBBAUAMHQxCzAJBgNVBAYTAlVTMRMw
[GoogleSignatureVerifier] EQYDVQQIEwpDYWxpZm9ybmlhMRYwFAYDVQQHEw1Nb3VudGFpbiBWaWV3MRQwEgYDVQQKEwtHb29n
[GoogleSignatureVerifier] bGUgSW5jLjEQMA4GA1UECxMHQW5kcm9pZDEQMA4GA1UEAxMHQW5kcm9pZDAeFw0wODA4MjEyMzEz
[GoogleSignatureVerifier] MzRaFw0zNjAxMDcyMzEzMzRaMHQxCzAJBgNVBAYTAlVTMRMwEQYDVQQIEwpDYWxpZm9ybmlhMRYw
[GoogleSignatureVerifier] FAYDVQQHEw1Nb3VudGFpbiBWaWV3MRQwEgYDVQQKEwtHb29nbGUgSW5jLjEQMA4GA1UECxMHQW5k
[GoogleSignatureVerifier] cm9pZDEQMA4GA1UEAxMHQW5kcm9pZDCCASAwDQYJKoZIhvcNAQEBBQADggENADCCAQgCggEBAKtW
[GoogleSignatureVerifier] LgDYO6IIrgqWbxJOKdoR8qtW0I9Y4sypEwPpt1TTcvZApxsdyxMJZ2JORland2qSGT2y5b+3JKke
[GoogleSignatureVerifier] dxiLDmpHpDsz2WCbdxgxRczfey5YZnTJ4VZbH0xqWVW/8lGmPav5xVwnIiJS6HXk+BVKZF+JcWjA
[GoogleSignatureVerifier] sb/GEuq/eFdpuzSqeYTcfi6idkyugwfYwXFU1+5fZKUaRKYCwkkFQVfcAs1fXA5V+++FGfvjJ/Cx
[GoogleSignatureVerifier] URaSxaBvGdGDhfXE28LWuT9ozCl5xw4Yq5OGazvV24mZVSoOO0yZ31j7kYvtwYK6NeADwbSxDdJE
[GoogleSignatureVerifier] qO4k//0zOHKrUiGYXtqw/A0LFFtqoZKFjnkCAQOjgdkwgdYwHQYDVR0OBBYEFMd9jMIhF1Ylmn/T
[GoogleSignatureVerifier] gt9r45jk14alMIGmBgNVHSMEgZ4wgZuAFMd9jMIhF1Ylmn/Tgt9r45jk14aloXikdjB0MQswCQYD
[GoogleSignatureVerifier] VQQGEwJVUzETMBEGA1UECBMKQ2FsaWZvcm5pYTEWMBQGA1UEBxMNTW91bnRhaW4gVmlldzEUMBIG
[GoogleSignatureVerifier] A1UEChMLR29vZ2xlIEluYy4xEDAOBgNVBAsTB0FuZHJvaWQxEDAOBgNVBAMTB0FuZHJvaWSCCQDC
[GoogleSignatureVerifier] 4IdGZEowjTAMBgNVHRMEBTADAQH/MA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBBAUAA4IBAQBt0lLO74UwLDYKqs6Tm8/y
[GoogleSignatureVerifier] zKkEu116FmH4rkaymUIE0P9KaMftGlMexFlaYjzmB2OxZyl6euNXEsQH8gjwyxCUKRJNexBiGcCE
[GoogleSignatureVerifier] yj6z+a1fuHHvkiaai+KL8W1EyNmgjmyy8AW7P+LLlkR+ho5zEHatRbM/YAnqGcFh5iZBqpknHf1S
[GoogleSignatureVerifier] KMXFh4dd239FJ1jWYfbMDMy3NS5CTMQ2XFI1MvcyUTdZPErjQfTbQe3aDQsQcafEQPD+nqActifK
[GoogleSignatureVerifier] Z0Np0IS9L9kR/wbNvyz6ENwPiTrjV2KRkEjH78ZMcUQXg0L3BYHJ3lc69Vs5Ddf9uUGGMYldX3Wf
[GoogleSignatureVerifier] MBEmh/9iFBDAaTCK
[DynamiteModule] Failed to load module descriptor class: Didn't find class "com.google.android.gms.dynamite.descriptors.com.google.android.gms.googlecertificates.ModuleDescriptor" on path: DexPathList[[zip file "/data/app/com.loyaltree.ltbistro-1/base.apk"],nativeLibraryDirectories=[/data/app/com.loyaltree.ltbistro-1/lib/arm, /vendor/lib, /system/lib]]
[DynamiteModule] Considering local module com.google.android.gms.googlecertificates:0 and remote module com.google.android.gms.googlecertificates:1
[DynamiteModule] Selected remote version of com.google.android.gms.googlecertificates, version >= 1
[ChimeraFileApk] Primary ABI of requesting process is armeabi-v7a
[art] DexFile_isDexOptNeeded failed to open oat file '/data/dalvik-cache/arm/[email protected]@[email protected][email protected]@[email protected][email protected]' for file location '/data/data/com.google.android.gms/app_chimera/m/00000000/DynamiteModulesA_GmsCore_prodlmp_xxhdpi_release.apk': Failed to open oat filename for reading: No such file or directory
[ChimeraFileApk] Classloading successful, but code may not be optimized. It will either run in fallback (interpreted mode) or the odex has been found and isDexOptNeeded is misreporting a failure.
[GoogleCertificates] com.google.android.gms.googlecertificates module is loaded
[GoogleCertificatesImpl] Fetched 154 Google release certificates
[GoogleSignatureVerifier] com.loyaltree.ltbistro signature not valid.  Found: 
[GoogleSignatureVerifier] MIIDDTCCAfWgAwIBAgIEUeDbRDANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQsFADA3MQswCQYDVQQGEwJVUzEQMA4GA1UE
[GoogleSignatureVerifier] ChMHQW5kcm9pZDEWMBQGA1UEAxMNQW5kcm9pZCBEZWJ1ZzAeFw0xNTAzMDYyMjQ5MDZaFw00NDA2
[GoogleSignatureVerifier] MDEyMjQ5MDZaMDcxCzAJBgNVBAYTAlVTMRAwDgYDVQQKEwdBbmRyb2lkMRYwFAYDVQQDEw1BbmRy
[GoogleSignatureVerifier] b2lkIERlYnVnMIIBIjANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQEFAAOCAQ8AMIIBCgKCAQEAhhp6gTMBA7GqzrmnSH3+
[GoogleSignatureVerifier] b2vA+mIFD1BiwjNO1iYKKzw0i8VZjCntjd0RSZ/JNePcqTjOh/FAM/KwkkTRDZO4yWwBdrGl6GUA
[GoogleSignatureVerifier] sJVI9MXyY5hLJ0ORS95wrS4LBArnRpXH6IvAfUSyQ8XOh1CziheGlN2JPI+tk6egAf1syfV/qxnS
[GoogleSignatureVerifier] NXW1Olnhri1tW3dpUwQ4fqpw9O+ImHOkeJdA6vytJOt86UJrbW70H+jNu6NcJSxxUVNfNOpwj98m
[GoogleSignatureVerifier] JndH/H1pWROpiwTwZrxzI7+NCfF6TdZ5KgKSlwcbjkKI8E6+2yLSZci5tDzqYQXcaHSMsH1xz6jS
[GoogleSignatureVerifier] uJ+8F51rIc1TRb8bdwIDAQABoyEwHzAdBgNVHQ4EFgQU0P9BedA2PsS+t5BEARVSXiSAOvswDQYJ
[GoogleSignatureVerifier] KoZIhvcNAQELBQADggEBAFG00heXpYIgTcIiCiCj/RTiWx+NnRCpEs873NTBLm4/3ptGQm8v+fHa
[GoogleSignatureVerifier] U8Tw/hhJ26E/zQ4rJhfmXQuvu/6kAq91d65l1EXW9WGY0lGnGx5hWGpXoDwMna0xy62l/n6Yt/4a
[GoogleSignatureVerifier] 85VxGCwovnAHq6JDtxba3kTUhfbSTkfxVbakZzAW3Y/ckBUCMTxbSRIuDhD1myBSe2Rl+wnIgu5S
[GoogleSignatureVerifier] oQbdUpJfZSQJtHT6hJ7+nkMQ5A+9EswC8sY9zXbae5LwobgpNdquEd3bCghfzlzL/4aWtuQ5YIQY
[GoogleSignatureVerifier] P/uvXFNM7jsgCVkgHyV+cbIOB/cMEZgxm3dpbX4kJbfKJOhF1TKHTRN+ko4=
[GoogleCertificatesImpl] Fetched 300 Google certificates
[GoogleSignatureVerifier] com.loyaltree.ltbistro signature not valid.  Found: 
[GoogleSignatureVerifier] MIIDDTCCAfWgAwIBAgIEUeDbRDANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQsFADA3MQswCQYDVQQGEwJVUzEQMA4GA1UE
[GoogleSignatureVerifier] ChMHQW5kcm9pZDEWMBQGA1UEAxMNQW5kcm9pZCBEZWJ1ZzAeFw0xNTAzMDYyMjQ5MDZaFw00NDA2
[GoogleSignatureVerifier] MDEyMjQ5MDZaMDcxCzAJBgNVBAYTAlVTMRAwDgYDVQQKEwdBbmRyb2lkMRYwFAYDVQQDEw1BbmRy
[GoogleSignatureVerifier] b2lkIERlYnVnMIIBIjANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQEFAAOCAQ8AMIIBCgKCAQEAhhp6gTMBA7GqzrmnSH3+
[GoogleSignatureVerifier] b2vA+mIFD1BiwjNO1iYKKzw0i8VZjCntjd0RSZ/JNePcqTjOh/FAM/KwkkTRDZO4yWwBdrGl6GUA
[GoogleSignatureVerifier] sJVI9MXyY5hLJ0ORS95wrS4LBArnRpXH6IvAfUSyQ8XOh1CziheGlN2JPI+tk6egAf1syfV/qxnS
[GoogleSignatureVerifier] NXW1Olnhri1tW3dpUwQ4fqpw9O+ImHOkeJdA6vytJOt86UJrbW70H+jNu6NcJSxxUVNfNOpwj98m
[GoogleSignatureVerifier] JndH/H1pWROpiwTwZrxzI7+NCfF6TdZ5KgKSlwcbjkKI8E6+2yLSZci5tDzqYQXcaHSMsH1xz6jS
[GoogleSignatureVerifier] uJ+8F51rIc1TRb8bdwIDAQABoyEwHzAdBgNVHQ4EFgQU0P9BedA2PsS+t5BEARVSXiSAOvswDQYJ
[GoogleSignatureVerifier] KoZIhvcNAQELBQADggEBAFG00heXpYIgTcIiCiCj/RTiWx+NnRCpEs873NTBLm4/3ptGQm8v+fHa
[GoogleSignatureVerifier] U8Tw/hhJ26E/zQ4rJhfmXQuvu/6kAq91d65l1EXW9WGY0lGnGx5hWGpXoDwMna0xy62l/n6Yt/4a
[GoogleSignatureVerifier] 85VxGCwovnAHq6JDtxba3kTUhfbSTkfxVbakZzAW3Y/ckBUCMTxbSRIuDhD1myBSe2Rl+wnIgu5S
[GoogleSignatureVerifier] oQbdUpJfZSQJtHT6hJ7+nkMQ5A+9EswC8sY9zXbae5LwobgpNdquEd3bCghfzlzL/4aWtuQ5YIQY
[GoogleSignatureVerifier] P/uvXFNM7jsgCVkgHyV+cbIOB/cMEZgxm3dpbX4kJbfKJOhF1TKHTRN+ko4=

• FokkeVermeulenOldFokkeVermeulenOld USMember ✭✭

Do you have any solution? I upgraded as well to XamarinForms 2.2.0.31 and have the same problems

• JohnPrzyborskiJohnPrzyborski USMember ✭✭

No solution yet...

• OknirokOknirok USMember

What sort of issues are you seeing as a result of these errors? Blank maps? App not loading?

The application crashes. I'll try to shift back to this today to provide more detail.

• TonyTruppTonyTrupp USUniversity ✭✭
    edited June 2016

These package versions seemed to work well together for me when I manually updated the version #s within Droid packages.config:

id="Xamarin.Android.Support.Design" version="23.3.0"
    id="Xamarin.Android.Support.v4" version="23.3.0"
    id="Xamarin.Android.Support.v7.AppCompat" version="23.3.0"
    id="Xamarin.Android.Support.v7.CardView" version="23.3.0"
    id="Xamarin.Android.Support.v7.MediaRouter" version="23.3.0"
    id="Xamarin.Forms" version="2.2.0.45"
    id="Xamarin.Forms.Maps" version="2.2.0.45"
    id="Xamarin.GooglePlayServices.Base" version="29.0.0.1"
    id="Xamarin.GooglePlayServices.Gcm" version="29.0.0.1"
    id="Xamarin.GooglePlayServices.Maps" version="29.0.0.1"

Based on a comment about xamarin.forms.maps and xamarin.forms here:

"Xamarin.Forms on Android now depends on GooglePlayServices 29.0.0.1 for maps and Xamarin.Android.Support.v4 (and friends) at 23.1.1.1."
    https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/63983/xamarin-forms-2-2-0

https://www.nuget.org/packages/Xamarin.Forms/

I'm still having this problem.

Upgraded Xamarin.Forms & .Maps to 2.3.0.49. All my GooglePlayServices are version 29.0.0.1 and the Xamarin.Android.Support libraries are at 23.3.0.

The application functions perfectly until it attempts to load a page with a map at which point it becomes unresponsive. The log above still appears.

I've logged into Google API console and confirmed my app's SHA1 key is in the credential. Very frustrating...

Still unable to resolve this issue. No one else is having this problem?

• CedricDupinCedricDupin USUniversity

I got a similar issue :

[b] Sending API token request. [b] Authentication failed on the server. [Google Maps Android API] Authorization failure. Please see https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/android-api/start for how to correctly set up the map. [Google Maps Android API] In the Google Developer Console (https://console.developers.google.com) [Google Maps Android API] Ensure that the "Google Maps Android API v2" is enabled. [Google Maps Android API] Ensure that the following Android Key exists: [Google Maps Android API] API Key: A************************Y [Google Maps Android API] Android Application (<cert_fingerprint>;<package_name>): 3*:**:**:**:**:**:**:**:**:**:**:**:**:**:**:**:**:**:*7;com.***.*** [DynamiteModule] Local module descriptor class for com.google.android.gms.googlecertificates not found. [DynamiteModule] Considering local module com.google.android.gms.googlecertificates:0 and remote module com.google.android.gms.googlecertificates:1 [DynamiteModule] Selected remote version of com.google.android.gms.googlecertificates, version >= 1 [art] override thread count:-j2 [System] ClassLoader referenced unknown path: /data/user/0/com.google.android.gms/app_chimera/m/00000006/n/armeabi

Hi Cedric,

Have you enabled the Google Maps Android Api? You'll need to login to the Google's API console, and follow all the steps to enable this feature. There is some good info here:

https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/android-api/signup

Hope this helps!

John

• CedricDupinCedricDupin USUniversity

Yes I already did that (my application worked until I rebuild today) and I've tried with a new API key.

Ah, perhaps then you're having the same issue I am.
    I sent Xamarin Support an email this morning. When I hear back I'll post to this thread.

I was able to resolve my issue. It turns out there wasn't a problem with Google Maps. I had some misbehaving XAML that was causing an infinite loop.