Validation on Xamarin Forms

GregKowieskiGregKowieski USUniversity ✭✭

I could swear I saw in a class where you could run a validation on a field when the user exits the field, (you know, like win forms validating or validated events).

However, I can't find a way to pull it off on forms. Does anyone remember what class that was in?

Or.... If you have a suggestion that would be awesome as well.

I have a ContentPage, with a StackLayout containing a Grid. The user enters the item number field. When they are done, I would like to go get the item number description and populate the description field on the same grid. But I can't find an event to anchor my get.

Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• RobGibbensRobGibbens USMember, Xamarin Team, University, XamUProfessors, Developer Group Leader Xamurai

@GregKowieski You are probably thinking of DataTriggers in Xamarin.Forms. This blog might help.

• RobGibbensRobGibbens USMember, Xamarin Team, University, XamUProfessors, Developer Group Leader Xamurai

@GregKowieski Or, you could look at Behaviors in Xamarin.Forms as well.

• GregKowieskiGregKowieski USUniversity ✭✭

I don't see a way to capture the data at the END OF ENTRY. It's really easy to trap on the TextChanged. But then that means multiple trips to the repository for each character. Maybe I missed something in the behaviors and Triggers example.