I am getting XAML Error for Xamarin 6.1 Alpha ""Invalid XAML: value cannot be null. Parameter Name:"

I am getting XAML Error for Xamarin 6.1 Alpha "Invalid XAML: value cannot be null. Parameter Name: method".
How to resolve this error?

Answers

• RenaudLaloireRenaudLaloire BEUniversity ✭✭
    edited June 2016

Same here ;(

error : Value cannot be null.
    error : Parameter name: method

• NicolasBousquetNicolasBousquet USMember ✭✭

Hi, same here. Anyway to circumvent the problem?

• Ferry.de.BoerFerry.de.Boer NLUniversity ✭✭
    edited June 2016

Looks like I was to early with this. I'm trying to figure out why it works with some sample projects. Thought it was fixed by working around a bug with NuGet and downloading Android SDK's. But it was not.

• Ferry.de.BoerFerry.de.Boer NLUniversity ✭✭

Certain pages requires a Title I think. I believe my ContentPages started displaying properly when entering that.

• prankardprankard GBMember ✭✭

I just had this issue in 6.0.2 (build 73).

Not sure what new feature they are checking in XAML but this happened on all my XAML pages and views in an iOS PCL project.

I had this tag checking the files on build:
    [assembly: XamlCompilation(XamlCompilationOptions.Compile)]

And now it just fails on every XAML file. I've tested the app without this tag and it builds and each file seems to work correctly.

Good luck to those who have this error. Just so you know there are others out there that too feel your pain.

• WhitchurchMuthumaniWhitchurchMuthumani USMember ✭✭

@prankard Thank you for sharing. Removing the [assembly: XamlCompilation(XamlCompilationOptions.Compile)], let me continue the build.

• You just saved me 1 days worth of effort figuring out what to do. Thanks :)