Problem with Compling in windows 10 Pro

Hi, am using Windows 10 Pro OS and i installed Visual Studio 15 Preview its working good i can open and Android projects but when i execute the Apps it taking lot of time to execute . And it showing an alert message " Running an x86 Based Android Virtual Device (AVD) is 10X faster. We strongly recommend creating a new AVD "

I tried my best but i did not get any solution for my issue . Can any one suggest me the solution with steps to run application fastly and to execute .

Answers

• XamaRin.5948XamaRin.5948 USMember

You posted to a Visual Studio for Mac forum. You are developing on Windows aren't you?

I am on Windows 10 pro and seeing the exact same thing with Visual Studio 2017. As are lots of others. Still searching for a solution...

• JGoldbergerJGoldberger USXamarin Team, University Xamurai

The message " Running an x86 Based Android Virtual Device (AVD) is 10X faster. We strongly recommend creating a new AVD " means that you are deploying to an ARM based emulator, which is very slow, so they are recommending that you use an x86 based Android emulator instead. I am assuming the use of Google's emulators.

To do this, follow these steps:

1. Install Intel's HAXM module
    2. Turn off Hyper-V.

Right click on the Windows button and select ‘Programs and Features’.
    Select Turn Windows Features on or off.
    Un-check Hyper-V and click OK.
    Restart Windows

1. Open the Android SDK Manager (Tools->Android->Android SDK Manager)
    2. You will see in each Android version section, e.g. Android 7.1.1 (API 25), many system images. Make sure that you have installed at least one x86 System Image for each Android version you want to create an emulator, or Android Virtual Device (AVD), for. If you use the Google APIs versions then Google Play Services will be available on that AVD once created.

1. Open the Android Emulator Manager. (Tools->Android->Android Emulator Manager)
    2. Either edit an existing AVD to use an x86/x86_64 image (set in the CPU/ABI field that you installed in step 4 or create a new AVD using one of those x86/x86_64 images. If starting from scratch, it might help to select the Device Definitions tab and select a device that matches what you want and then click Create AVD, making sure to select an x86/x86_64 image in the CPU/ABI field.

Once you have an x86/x86_64 emulator installed and ready to go, then select one of those emulators from the device drop down list and deploy your app. More information on the Android emulators can be found here.