Forum Xamarin.Android
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

To Unsign the app developed using Xamarin

Hi Team,
I followed the steps below to unsign the app and sign in with my android debug key.

Rename the apk file into a zip file. Eg app1.apk into app1.zip
Unpack/Unzip the zip file into a folder
Delete the META-INF folder
Re-zip the contents inside the folder again to a zip file
Rename the zip file again to an apk file
Open a terminal window and enter
Command 1:
jarsigner -keystore C:\Users\mmala.android\debug.keystore -storepass android -keypass android "Step5APK.apk" androiddebugkey -digestalg SHA1 -sigalg MD5withRSA

Command 2:
zipalign 4 "Step5APK.apk" FinalAPK.apk

On installing the FinalAPK.apk I am not able to open the app in the device/emulator. But while I installed app1.zip I was able to install and launch the app.

I tried with some other apks which was developed (native apps), I was able to unsign and sign it with android debugKey.

It would be great if there is a way to unsign and sign in with my local key. So that I can use that for my testing purpose.

Purpose : I need to automate the app using Robotium. for that the signature should match the Test project Signature. So I thought whatever apk I get, if I am able to unsign and sign it again with my android debug key , that it would be a nice way.

Please help me on this, Is there anything special done for apps developed using Xamarin.?

Thanks
Malju.M