I am having what appears to be a very common problem, trying to compile my Xamarin Forms app for Android in release mode and getting a XA2006, LinkAssemblies error. Compiling works if you turn off linking but that's not workable given that the package is so much bigger. Compiling works in debug mode.
I have tried different combos of ProGuard and AOT.
I have tried all of the solutions I can find in the plethora of forum posts:
- I have uninstalled and re-installed the Xamarin Forms package.
- I have updated all of the packages.
- I have the latest version of Xamarin and Xamarin.Android.
- I have run the Android SDK Manager and updated everything there.
- I have cleaned, restarted, tried it while standing on one foot and crossing my fingers.
- I have tried several different settings for the Target Framework, Minimum and Target Android versions. However, my default settings are:
- Target Framework: Use Latest Installed Platform (6.0)
- Minimum Android Version: Override - Android 5.0 (API Level 21)
- Target Android Version: use target framework version (API 23)
I am using Xamarin Studio 5.10.3 on OSX El Capitan.