Unknown option '--no-version-vectors--no-version-vectors'

leo-mckleo-mck BRMember ✭✭

I have a Xamarin.Forms project that started to show the error Unknown option '--no-version-vectors--no-version-vectors' when trying to build the android app. Tried reinstall Xamarin and android SDK but the error still happen. Also tried to add <AndroidSdkBuildToolsVersion>20.0.0</AndroidSdkBuildToolsVersion> to the project file but nothing changes. Any hint on what is happening?

Best Answer

Answers

• HartzellHartzell USMember, University

did you ever find a solution for this?

• leo-mckleo-mck BRMember ✭✭

Sadly, no. I ended up reinstalling windows because of another problems and the error have not occur anymore since then.

• SuatKorkmazSuatKorkmaz USMember ✭✭✭

I'm facing the same issue. Has anyone have a solution for this?

• MnetKrishnaMnetKrishna USMember

Same here, it's doing my head in :neutral:

AAPT : error : Unknown option '--no-version-vectors--no-version-vectors'

• AidanMorganAidanMorgan USMember ✭✭

I got around this problem thanks to @BuildCalc comment - it appears that the vector project is imported twice in the .csproj file, removing one of these makes the build work again.

• MalMal USMember

+1 for what AidanMorgan said

I am highly frustrated with package updating & referencing in Android projects. I spent a total of around 10 hours this weekend sorting it out - for one project - and there's still more sorting to do.

• PietDelaPietDela USMember

Indeed, a lot of developpers are frustrated with this "awasome" Platform :-)

• alextrepalextrep USMember ✭✭

i'm more than frustrated, i'm pist off

• CTCHANGCTCHANG AUMember ✭✭

@AidanMorgan said:
    I got around this problem thanks to @BuildCalc comment - it appears that the vector project is imported twice in the .csproj file, removing one of these makes the build work again.

Yeah, you've save me from this crazy nut error message.