I don't know where to start with my app ANY ONE WHO GUIDE ME?

khanikhani PKMember

I am making an app in which I have to broadcast Music onto other devices connected via Wifi Hotspot to the phone. The person who wants to broadcast will simply press a button broadcast which will start make a hotspot allowing other users to connect to it on the other hand the person who will receive the broadcast will press a button receive that will show the list of people broadcasting and the user will select one and simply start receiving the music. Kindly guide me on how to begin with development and what classes and libraries to look for.

Answers

• FredyWengerFredyWenger CHInsider ✭✭✭✭✭
  • khanikhani PKMember

@ThomasBurkhart the thing is I am new to Xamarin with no idea about the the stuff that goes behind but let me be more precise this time.
    I want an app that allows the user to create a wifi hotspot first and tstart broadcasting over the network of phones a certain song or a playlist in whole.
    Then there is another option in the app in which the person presses a button receive and the user is show a list of devices that are broadcasting and the user selects a particular device and starts streaming from that device.(My main concern)

First there should be server client option in which either the receiver can detect the broadcaster or vice versa so I need info about how begin with it and the classes to be concerned with rest I know what main design of the app will be like.

• ThomasBurkhartThomasBurkhart DEMember ✭✭✭✭

For the streaming you will have to use native OS functions, there is no crossplattform component in Xamarin for that.
    How do you want to communicate with your Hotspots?
    Do you want to use Xamarin Forms or Xamarin native?
    Still not clear what you really want to know?
    Did you read Fredy's document? Did you try any of the tutorials on this site?

• DaveHuntDaveHunt USMember ✭✭✭✭✭

iOS doesn't allow applications to programmatically make wifi connections or establish a hotspot, so that part of your plan is a non-starter.

• JasonAwbreyJasonAwbrey USInsider, University, Developer Group Leader mod

I am new to Xamarin with no idea about the the stuff that goes behind

the app you are describing sounds fairly ambitious, even for an experienced mobile developer. If you intend to do this yourself, you should start off by learning the basics of writing an app (Xamarin University, or the many free guides/samples/walkthroughs that are available) before you tackle something this complex

• khanikhani PKMember

@ThomasBurkhart let me answer your questions one by one
    1. I will communicate between hotspot in which who ever wants to broadcast will broadcast its IP address and port and might be an id so that the user receiving can identify the from a list of broadcaster over the same hotspot network then on the other hand the receiver will detect the broadcasters over the network in which a list of broadcasters will be populated and the user will select one will automatically connect to the broadcasting device and start streaming the music being played on the other device.
    2. I want to work on Xamarin.Android aka Native not Xamarin Forms
    3.I read that document but I found it a bit confusing

I hope I have made my self clear this time

Did you go through :https://developer.xamarin.com/guides/android/getting_started/ ?
    The document from Fredy was purely for Forms.

1. Still not clear, how you want to communicate with Hotspots? Do they offer a REST API or what else.
    2. It seems that you have no idea how the broadcasting should happen, but that's not a Xamarin question.

Again if you don't ask more specific questions you won't get anny help here.

• MichaelBothMichaelBoth AUMember ✭✭✭

@mwaleedkhan said:
    3.I read that document but I found it a bit confusing

Sounds like you're going to be paying someone to do this work for you then.

• khanikhani PKMember

@MichaelBoth I would try hard till the very end before giving up its my semester project and I want to learn something out of it.
    @ThomasBurkhart for communicating between the hotspot I would like to use either UDP Broadcast or Rtp packets to broadcast and receive the packets and perform the streaming but I am not sure which one to use and which one is better and how to implement it wish I have provided ample detail.

I'm really sorry, but from what you say, I have the feeling that you won't be able to implement such a system and as I already told you in my first response:
    We won't design your system for you

• khanikhani PKMember

@ThomasBurkhart cant you just guide me through a step by step way in which I do all the work and you just tell me libraries to look into