Why Xamarin is not showing in visual studio?

Hi,
I installed xamarin first and then installed the visual studio 2013. But when I open visual studio it doesn't show xamarin components when I try to create new project for xamarin.

What I should do now so that I can work on xamarin with help of visual studio 2013?

Regards,
Anand Dubey

Answers

• GeraldVersluisGeraldVersluis NLUniversity ✭✭✭✭

When you click Tools, do you see options for Android and iOS?
    You should see those options under the tools menu, or go to Help and About Visual Studio, if it installed correctly there should be a notion of Xamarin there.

If not, it didn't install correctly so you need to install again.

• VictorGarciaAprea.9996VictorGarciaAprea.9996 USXamarin Team Xamurai

Hi Anand,

If you installed Xamarin before installing VS 2013, then the Xamarin integration bits won't be installed into VS 2013. The Xamarin Setup (either Universal installer or XamarinVS MSI) only install to VS versions found in the machine at the time of installation.

I would suggest that you run Xamarin Setup again, now that you have installed VS 2013, that should do it.

• CalebTaylorCalebTaylor USMember

i tried that it still doesn't show up, any suggestions?

• JohnHJohnH GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭

@CalebTaylor I would suggest upgrading the version of Visual Studio you are using, 2013 is very old now.
    If you must use VS 2013, are you running update 2 at least? And not running an express edition?
    https://developer.xamarin.com/guides/cross-platform/windows/visual-studio/

• dgffrtdgffrt INMember

i face the same problem
    if i install the 4.5.0.486 version there is an option for vs 2013 at setup
    but the 4.6.0.293 has only vs 2015 option