Do you want the application “DesignServer” to accept incoming network connections?

Every time I open my iOS project I get this popup at least 10 times. Doesn't make a difference if I click Accept or Deny. I'm on the Alpha channel.

• AlanMcGovernAlanMcGovern USXamarin Team Xamurai

What version of MacOS are you on and have you enabled any non-standard options which might have caused the firewall to want to block local connections?

Can you try going to the Firewall section of the MacOS System Preferences and verify a rule was not added to disallow connections to the DesignServer. You should just have to click 'Allow' and everything will work.

• deapsquatterdeapsquatter USBeta ✭✭

I'm on 10.8.4
    It looks like there may be new DesignServer app(s) created whenever I open the solution. See the 2 images attached.

• georgepivageorgepiva BRMember

Same issue here.

Hi,

I was able to reproduce the issue. As of yet we have no known workaround other than disabling the MacOS firewall which may not be an option for you. We are working on getting something implemented to fix this soon though, we have a number of options and we just have to figure out which is easiest.

• rjmrjm CAMember ✭✭✭

Same issue here, on the beta channel

• LaurentLaurent USMember, Beta

Same issue here, I am on the STABLE channel, with the 4.0.11 release.
    14 instances of the Design server process, each of them 10 threads.
    About 20 instances of the Springboard process, each of about 10 threads.

The entire thing is unusable.
    This release is a shame, a $1000 per seat shame.

• JeffreyStedfastJeffreyStedfast USXamarin Team Xamurai

We're working on a fix, but in the meantime you can downgrade back to 4.0.10 by installing the dmg from here: http://download.xamarin.com/studio/Mac/XamarinStudio-4.0.10.dmg

• KevinMullinsKevinMullins USMember, Beta ✭✭

Glad to hear you have a fix coming because I'm seeing the same issue here.

• JeffreyStedfastJeffreyStedfast USXamarin Team Xamurai

I think 4.0.12 has the fix which I hear is already in the updater

• PJBeamanXPJBeamanX USXamarin Team Xamurai
    edited August 2013

The 4.0.12 update will fix this issue. Here is a direct link to the download:

http://download.xamarin.com/studio/Mac/XamarinStudio-4.0.12-3.dmg

The build is available in the beta channel and will be available in the stable channel shortly.

Please let us know if you are still experiencing issues after this hotfix, and thank you very much for your patience. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

PJ

Note: 4.0.12 fixes the issue as it appears in the 4.0.11 Xamarin Studio stable release. For users trying to use the iOS designer in the Alpha channel, there is not yet a fix available.

• I still see this in 4.1.9.

• AlexCorradoAlexCorrado USXamarin Team Xamurai

For the alpha channel users out there, this has been fixed in 4.1.10.