Where's the (signed?) Android SDK?

I installed Visual Studio 2015 Professional, installed Xamarin Tools for Visual Studio 2015, got the warnings at '4-26-2016 at 9.11.41 PM.jpg'. In trying to resolve this, I saw that the Adroid SDK wasn't there (some documentation directed me to Visual Studio | Tools|Options|Xamarin where as seen in 4-26-2016 at 10.14.46 PM.jpg). I also looked in the common Visual Studio install issues doc, didn't anything, so then found the Android SDK was only available in conjunction with Google's Android Studio with SDK which also requires the Java SDK. Probably shouldn't have, but did both of those & I still don't have the signed SDKs...

In the middle of this I saw the Xamarin project templates weren't there, and clicking on Control Panel | Features and Programs |Xamarin didn't give me an option to change or repair (as noted in 4-26-2016 at 8.10.33 PM.jpg), but instead just uninstalled it, forcing another install of it. (That did seem to fix the lack of templates though!)

Still, in Visual Studio, I get in the Output Window from Xamarin.Diagnostics:

[I:sdk]: Looking for Android SDK..
[I:sdk]: Key HKCU\SOFTWARE\Novell\Mono for Android\AndroidSdkDirectory not found.
[I:sdk]: Key HKLM\SOFTWARE\Novell\Mono for Android\AndroidSdkDirectory found:
Path does not contain adb.exe in \platform-tools (C:\android-sdk-windows).
[I:sdk]: Key HKCU\SOFTWARE\Xamarin\MonoAndroid\PrivateAndroidSdkPath not found.
[I:sdk]: Key HKCU\SOFTWARE\Android SDK Tools\Path not found.
[I:sdk]: Key HKLM\SOFTWARE\Android SDK Tools\Path found:
Path does not contain adb.exe in \platform-tools (C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk).
[I:sdk]: Looking for Android NDK..
[I:sdk]: Key HKCU\SOFTWARE\Novell\Mono for Android\AndroidNdkDirectory found:
Path contains ndk-stack.exe in . (C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\AndroidNDK\android-ndk-r10e).
[I:sdk]: Key HKLM\SOFTWARE\Novell\Mono for Android\AndroidNdkDirectory not found.
[I:sdk]: Key HKCU\SOFTWARE\Novell\Mono for Android\JavaSdkDirectory not found.
[I:sdk]: Key HKLM\SOFTWARE\Novell\Mono for Android\JavaSdkDirectory not found.
[I:sdk]: Looking for Java 6 SDK..
[I:sdk]: Key HKLM\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Development Kit\CurrentVersion found.
[I:sdk]: Key HKLM\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Development Kit\1.6\JavaHome not found.
[I:sdk]: Key HKLM\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Development Kit\1.7\JavaHome found:
Path contains jarsigner.exe in \bin (C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.7.0_55).
[I:Unknown]: Did not find Android SDK

So where the heck are they, and why don't they get downloaded with Xamarin?!

Thanks for a URL!

Best Answer

Answers

• XamaRin.5948XamaRin.5948 USMember

Here's the 4-26-2016 at 10.14.46 PM.jpg file...