Xamarin Profiler Gone to VS2015 Update 2

Previously, i used Xamarin Profiler with Visual Studio 2015 Community Update 1. Recently, i upgraded my VS2015C to Update 2, but somehow now the Profiler menu is gone. What should i do so i can start the Profiler again? Thanks

Answers

• OnurHazarOnurHazar USUniversity ✭✭

There is no option called "Start Profiling" under "Run" menu option in the latest version of Xamarin Studio. How can we add it back? I tried to run it manually but it doesn't recognize my physical device.

• Sam.3816Sam.3816 USMember ✭✭

Yes Same here, missing from Xamarin Studio, please assist.

• AdrienRodriguezAdrienRodriguez USMember

Same as Mufid, Xamarin profiler doesn't appear in the Analyze menu anymore. Maybe since VS update 2 or Xamarin update.

I'm running Xamarin 4.0.4.4 and Xamarin.Android 6.0.4.0

• VictorSVictorS BGMember

Any solution?

• SoftSavageSoftSavage GBXamarin Team Xamurai

Apologies for the late reply.

Going forward Xamarin Profiler will only be available for the Enterprise version of Visual Studio and will only be supported in Xamarin Studio for Mac.

• SoftSavageSoftSavage GBXamarin Team Xamurai

@onur.hazar Running the Xamarin Profiler as a stand alone will only allow you to load *.mlpd files that you have previously saved. Connecting to local devices is not currently supported. It is something we are discussing about adding support for.

• aquabayaquabay AUMember ✭✭

Going forward Xamarin Profiler will only be available for the Enterprise version of Visual Studio and will only be supported in Xamarin Studio for Mac.

So if we want to ensure our apps are user friendly and reasonable quality, before publishing in the app store we nee to pay $250 / month for Visual Studio 2015 Enterprise? I guess that means there will be a lot of poorly performing android apps out there and eventually people will migrate to iOS to ensure quality? Not sure this decsion by Xamarin/MS is in the best interest of the android user community.

• FrancoisMFrancoisM FRUniversity ✭✭

Why would they go to iOS? Same thing, the profiler requires entreprise.

• NielsCupNielsCup NLMember ✭✭✭
    edited March 13

@DominiqueLouis: Enterprise only? Why is it not available for professionals with a Professional subscription? Kind of ridiculous IMHO.

• ThomasHagenThomasHagen USUniversity

If you think that being able to profile your Xamarin app is a priority, I would recommend showing your support as a developer by voting for it on the Xamarin Platform Suggestions form:

https://xamarin.uservoice.com/forums/144858-xamarin-platform-suggestions/suggestions/18625141-make-xamarin-profiler-available-for-professional-s