MPMoviePlayerController or AVPlayerViewController with self signed certificate

I can not get my self signed certificate to work using https with MPMoviePlayerController or AVPlayerViewController.

I've tried using AVPlayerViewController with an AVUrlAsset and a custom resource loader delegate but in ShouldWaitForResponseToAuthenticationChallenge the NSUrlAuthenticationChallenge sender is throwing a cast exception of:

Unable to cast object of type 'AVFoundation.AVAssetResourceLoader' to type 'Foundation.NSUrlConnection'

I'm not sure where to go from here. My use case is a private internal network where there is no domain or host known ahead of time, but the server and client I control.

I am using ServicePointManager.ServerCertificateValidationCallback to validate the thumbprint of my known self signed certificate for other requests which works well but I can't for the life of me get a video to play.

Anyone have any advice?

Answers

• ConnorFlaat.1662ConnorFlaat.1662 USMember ✭✭

I'm starting to think the Unable to cast object of type 'AVFoundation.AVAssetResourceLoader' to type 'Foundation.NSUrlConnection' from the NSUrlAuthenticationChallenge Sender is a bug in Xamarin.