Porting Nordic BLE DFU FOTA to Xamarin

2»

• AugustBeringAugustBering SEMember

Hi guys, any new updates on this? Just starting to look at DFU for my project http://freedrum.rocks

• ShayOhayonShayOhayon USMember ✭✭✭

The freedrum looks like an awesome project. I'd love to get my hands on one.
    I got FOTA to work to some degree. It depends on which mbed OS / sdk you are using.
    The current code doesn't support zip file upload or signing. If you have time to work on such features, it would be great to improve the current implementation.
    I've modified the original code a bit. It now supports early (mbed OS 2) support for "old" bootloaders. It is based on "Plugin.BLE", which is freely available.
    Too bad Nordic doesn't support Xamarin officially. They recently updated their Android and iOS code base to support code signing.

• Ajay_SBSICAjay_SBSIC USMember ✭✭

Hello, Anyone have idea , How to Bind Nordic DFU Library in Xamarin.IOS. Or Any refernce code?

• emw1909emw1909 USMember

Hi Everyone,

Was wondering if a github site with this project was every created? I am looking for a way to perform DFU only on Nordic nrf52 device from Xamarin for iOS and Android.

Thanks.

@emw1909, look up. I posted code. I use it to update nrf52 as well.

• emw1909emw1909 USMember

Thank you very much! I take it the code is using the Plugin.BLE project instead of the Arendi libraries?

• jason2lijason2li USMember
    edited October 7

Hey everybody, I'm new to this thread (and Xamarin, and DFU, etc), but this looks awesome so far. Thanks to those who've put the time into this!

I'm currently stuck, though. I'm trying:

byte[] softDevice = null;
    byte[] bootloader = null;
    byte[] application = GetFile(); // This gets a .bin file to use (I've tried a .hex file too)

dfuController.UpdateAsync(device, softDevice, bootloader, application)

But it never seems to connect to the device. It always times out with the error:

DfuFailure.MissingAcknowledged

I am assuming this is happening because we are currently signing our file. Could that be correct?

Either way, any guidance would be appreciated.

• tamtltamtl VNMember

hi @ShayOhayon , have you updated your source code to read firmware in zip format ? it will be great if you done with that.

@tamtl , no - we now read the new hex directly from our server, so there is no need for a zip file.

2»