Forum Libraries, Components, and Plugins

unable to download component from component store

Hi,

I am trying to add a component (Xamarin.Mobile) to my project in Visual studio 2015 on Windows 10. I am able to connect to component store from Visual Studio and click download for the component. Then I am getting the following message:

"To help protect your security, your web browser has restricted this file from showing active content that could access your computer. Click for options..."

I clicked that message and accepted the risk. Then I clicked Retry, but it doesn't do anything.

I have been able to go to component store directly from browser and download the component. But, I am not sure how to install it.

Any help on how to resolve this connection issue or how to install the downloaded component manually would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Rao

Answers

• JuergDopplerJuergDoppler USMember

Hi all,

exactly same issue here, since 2 days I cannot get any new components. The component store is reachable by browser, but connection is very slow and often stucks with browser error "This page cannot be displayed".

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks and Regards
    Jürg

• Is there any work around this? We've just started a new project and I desperately need SQLite from the store.

• MirkoMMirkoM USMember ✭✭
    edited September 2016

The same thing. I just found the solution here. After changing the Internet options>Security to Medium, just restarted the project and it worked.