Azure Mobile Services - Am I On The Right Track?

MichaelSloanMichaelSloan USUniversity ✭✭

Hey guys,

I'm working on a simple mobile application in order to learn more about app development in general.

The end goal is to make a listing of users that are willing to be contacted to play golf. I want users to be able to enter their name and email address on one page, save the entries in a table using Azure SQL Database, and then display them in a list on another page in the app.

I've done some pretty extensive research on my own, but now I think it's time to get some real-life interaction to help guide me along. So here's my actual question...

It looks like the "Getting Started" tutorial here (http://bit.ly/1Xq79Ws) is close to what I want to do. But it seems like the database the app in the example uses is stored locally, whereas I want to create a table that all users will be able to access. Is following this walkthrough the right move for me? If not, what should I do instead?

Bear in mind that I'm committed to using Azure Mobile Services, so please refrain from answers suggesting I use a different platform.

Thanks guys!