Asset Image Set in iOS Designer

ArvisArvis USMember ✭✭

"When using an Image Set in the iOS Designer, we can simply select the set's name from the dropdown list in the Property Editor."

In VS2015 asset image set name is not showing for ImageView in image list property!
How can I properly set image in designer from Assets?

Tagged:

• KMullinsKMullins USMember, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Hi @Arvis,

Let me check with the Designer guys and see what's up with the. However, you can manually type the name in the Image field of the Property Explorer for the given UI Item.

Just make sure you enter the name exactly the same as the name of your Image Asset. If it is a .png format, don't include the extension, for any other type do (example: myImage.jpg).

• RogerWatersRogerWaters USMember

@KevinMullins
    Image field in the Property Explorer shows asset image set name in XS on Mac. But not in VS on PC. Tuping exact name manualy in image field do not help - image not shows up in storyboard control, neither on running app on device.

• CybrosysCybrosys USMember ✭✭

I don't remember this ever working. The Image drop-down just lists all my images, regardless of whether they're a part of a image set or not. Impossible to type anything into the field that does not match an entry in the drop-down.

• JovanoJovano USMember ✭✭
    edited May 2018

I started a new iOS project in VS2015 while still on Xamarin 4.6 and could select ImageSets in the designer. Comfortable that I understand the workings, I decided to upgrade to Xamarin 4.8 before I start with the actual development. After the upgrade no ImageSet can be selected in the designer, the ones that were selected do not display (although they are still set in the storyboard xml) and nothing can be typed into the dropdown either. Upgrading to the next version of Xamarin (4.9) fixes the problem.