Android emulator opens, but project does not deploy and start

13»

Answers

• HarteexHarteex USMember ✭✭

@elisat said:
    For me it was just the cache. Uncheck that box.

It should work with that option selected, it does for me. And it's a very useful option, especially if your app has login.

• N_BauaN_Baua INMember ✭✭✭✭✭

@Harteex said:

It should work with that option selected, it does for me. And it's a very useful option, especially if your app has login.

Great, Never knew that could save lives.
    Though, I would rather use other means to retain the AppLogin values then to rely on cache entirely.
    Thanks for sharing though, Most of the times, you never know with Xamarin what makes and what breaks your things.

Regards,
    N Baua

• DavidEdwards.5606DavidEdwards.5606 USMember

@Grazi Thanks very much. That worked for me - thought I was going crazy!

• MastartMastart KEMember

Make sure 'mainactivity' class is the first class in line immediately after
    [Activity(Label = "App1", MainLauncher = true, Icon = "@drawable/icon")]

Worked for me...

• PiyiPiyi CRMember
    edited August 22

Hi!
    I had a bad time trying to simulate my app (I am a newbie) but this is the solution: When the emulator opens go to Settings (inside the emulator, like the phone settings), then About emulated device and then tap seven times the Build number section. After that it will show that you are a developer.
    Go to Settings and then Developer options and enable the USB debugging.

• ShantimohanElchuriShantimohanElchuri USMember ✭✭✭✭

@Piyi said:
    Hi!
    I had a bad time trying to simulate my app (I am a newbie) but this is the solution: When the emulator opens go to Settings (inside the emulator, like the phone settings), then About emulated device and then tap seven times the Build number section. After that it will show that you are a developer.
    Go to Settings and then Developer options and enable the USB debugging.

It is strange that you have to do this on an emulator. I have never done that on a emulator. But if it resolved your issue, that's it...

• geliperagelipera MXMember

@Grazi Thank you very much, your Solution Works like a charm! ;)

• PrinceTegatonPrinceTegaton USMember

@Grazi thanks

• @Grazi Tanks a Lot

• BlairNeumannBlairNeumann USMember

FYI, I had a similar problem on my Mac where I was silently unable to deploy to Android devices or emulators, even outside of Visual Studio for Mac. Inspired by @Grazi's solution, I renamed ~/Library/Developer/Xamarin/android-sdk-macosx and it resolved the issue. I'm assuming this was caused by two conflicting Android SDKs.

• abdulraufraufiabdulraufraufi PKMember ✭✭

thanks to GRAZIELLA BONIZI
    this link working for me <3

• SreeeeSreeee INMember ✭✭✭

I haven't the sdk in C:\Users[User]\AppData\Local\Xamarin\MonoForAndroid\AndroidSDK, it's in C:\Users[User]\AppData\Local\Android\android-sdk).
    in C:\Users[User]\AppData\Local\Xamarin\MonoForAndroid I have only a a keystore. I am new with xamarin, please help me. Thanks in advance.

• DeveshMishraDeveshMishra USMember ✭✭

@Grazi said:
    I solved it by accessing regedit.exe, navigating to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Android, and changing the SDK path to my Xamarin Mono Android SDK folder.

The path originally was C:\Users[User]\AppData\Local\Android\android-sdk
    then I changed to
    C:\Users[User]\AppData\Local\Xamarin\MonoForAndroid\AndroidSDK
    thent it worked :)

This link gave me the clue.

It was like a magic for me. Many thanks for the solution :)

• NangChunNangChun KRMember

@lufo88 said:

Same problem. the solution of @Grazi not work (I haven't the sdk in C:\Users[User]\AppData\Local\Xamarin\MonoForAndroid\AndroidSDK, it's in C:\Users[User]\AppData\Local\Android\android-sdk).
    in C:\Users[User]\AppData\Local\Xamarin\MonoForAndroid I have only a a keystore.
    I try to disable also fast deployment, nothing change.
    I can deploy on a device

I try to deploy on a VS emulator, API 4.2
    Any idea?

same issue.

In my case, I just delete all emulator then make one and retry. finally solute.

• duffthebluffduffthebluff PHMember ✭✭

@shadisymon it worked for me. thanks!

13»