How to register Xamarin Studio for mac using MSDN credentials

Forgive me if this has been asked, however I was unable to find an existing question or answer.

In the "Xamarin for All" blog entry https://blog.xamarin.com/xamarin-for-all/ it states:

"For developers on the Mac, Xamarin Studio is now available as a benefit of your Visual Studio Professional or Enterprise subscription. "

Does this mean I can login with my Microsoft credentials? Is this coming soon or is there already a way to do this that I am not seeing?

Thanks!

Best Answer

Answers

• JeffTuckerJeffTucker USMember

Thanks! I was coming at it from the Xamarin side of things instead of the Microsoft side.

• ehpmfigueroaehpmfigueroa USMember

I used my VS Enterprise w/ MSDN Account Benefit to order the 'free' Xamarin Studio for Mac Enterprise but Xamarin Studio for Mac keeps prompting me that the Enterprise trial has expired and asking to buy a VS subscription. The enterprise features in Xamarin for VS (Windows) are working fine however.

I've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling Xamarin Studio for Mac (stable channel) but the trial message keeps popping up. I contacted Xamarin via email last Friday and have not received a response as of today.

Does anyone knows how to deal with this issue?

• lidilidi DEUniversity ✭✭

Hi Marcos,

I had a similar issue like yours. When logged in my Xamarin account via VS2015 I was shown Visual Studio Enterprise licence but on Mac Starter and asked to by VS Subscription.
    To fix this all I had to do is to sign in into my msdn account and register Xamarin Studio (for OS X). Basically it forwards you to another page where I had to enter info about my company and submit. I then got Thanks confirmation after which when I logged into Xamarin Studio on my Mac I was shown the correct license.
    Hope that helps.

• ehpmfigueroaehpmfigueroa USMember

Thank you for the information Liutauras.

I already registered Xamarin Studio (for OS X) from the 'My Account' page inside my MSDN subscription. It took me to the Xamarin website and I filled the company info and submitted the form.

The order/invoice appears inside my Xamarin account's 'Billing History' (it shows VS Enterprise for Mac, iOS and Android); but Xamarin Studio for Mac keeps asking me to buy the VS subscription.

• FranciscoGGFranciscoGG ESMember ✭✭

Guys, I am trying to do this but I get this message:

You cannot redeem your MSDN benefit if you are managed by another account. Please contact support or create a new account.

What should I do? I do not understand the message, I have the same email in Xamarin and MSDN.

• RajeshGuptaRajeshGupta USUniversity

Hi,

I am facing the same issue. I have VS 2015 Professional MSDN subscription from Microsoft. In order to use Xamarin studio on the MacBook, I do not know where/how to apply MSDN license there. Any steps on how to apply MSDN Lincese to the Xamarin Studio license will be greatly appreciated?

Microsoft/Xamarin folks, will appreciate a prompt response.

Regards

• Craig_HorsfieldCraig_Horsfield USMember ✭✭
    edited October 2016

Same problem. You cannot redeem your MSDN benefit if you are managed by another account. Please contact support or create a new account.