mdtool Cannot find the specified file

NielsCupNielsCup NLMember ✭✭✭

I am creating a XS addin and I need to run the mdtool from within the addin. I run the following code but it gives me an error:

var createMpack = new ProcessStartInfo { FileName = "\"/Applications/Xamarin Studio.app/Contents/MacOS/mdtool\"", UseShellExecute = false, Arguments = "setup pack Test.Template.Droid.addin.xml", WorkingDirectory = templateDir, RedirectStandardOutput = true, RedirectStandardError = true, RedirectStandardInput = true }; var exeProcess = Process.Start(createMpack);

Error:
ApplicationName='"/Applications/Xamarin Studio.app/Contents/MacOS/mdtool"', CommandLine='setup pack test.addin.xml', CurrentDirectory='/Users/myself/Documents/Projects/Test.Template.Droid/ProjectTemplate', Native error= Cannot find the specified file

I am able to run this command from a terminal. I have checked if all the files exist but the error does not specify what file is missing. Does anybody have an idea why this isn't working?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• NielsCupNielsCup NLMember ✭✭✭

Thanks @DaveHunt, you're the man, I was hoping it was that easy!

• NielsCupNielsCup NLMember ✭✭✭

@DaveHunt: Do you know where to find some detailed documentation for the xpt.xml and addin.xml files? I am trying to find out how to set the TargetFrameworkProfile and how to set the DependentUpon attribute for files and such but can't find any documentation or examples on how to do this.

• mattwardmattward GBMember Xamurai

The only documentation is on the monodevelop website. I normally just look at the existing .xpt.xml and addin.xml files in the mono/monodevelop repository to see what can be done.