Forum Xamarin.Forms

Xamarin.Forms 2.2.0

• JeremyHerbisonJeremyHerbison CAMember ✭✭

XCC doesn't work anymore with the latest update. Seems like it is preprocessing the XAML files as before, but Xamarin must be pulling the original files in somehow because i'm getting this error again:

MarkupExtension not found for d:DesignInstance

• sushihangoversushihangover USMember

@LesterMeeks @AdamP I am also looking the CarouselView nuget (broken build) Has anyone seen it yet? I can not find the source for it either on Github to build it myself. I can find issues related to it but a git multi-branch history search is turning up empty....

• AdamPAdamP AUUniversity ✭✭✭✭✭

@RobertN.0489 - I have not found it yet. I've asked Jason for some kind of ETA, it should have been up already but with Evolve, a lot of the dev's are still in Orlando or on their way home.

• JKayJKay USMember ✭✭✭
    edited April 2016

Can I just say this: Optimizing App Performance with Xamarin.Forms with Jason Smith is a great video. Great presentation, really informative.

Recommend it to anyone wanting to improve app performance

• AdrianKnightAdrianKnight USMember ✭✭✭✭

I just updated to XF 2.2.0 but wasn't able to build my Android project due to COMPILETODALVIK : UNEXPECTED TOP-LEVEL error. The fix was to set java maximum heap size to 1G. I'm not sure why I had to do that. I thought GooglePlayServices was removed from XF? I remember reading somewhere that GPS required a large heap.

• ravensorbravensorb USMember ✭✭
    edited April 2016

So how many other people can no longer build due to android resource errors? I get 453 errors right now in Resource.Designer.cs

Note: Simply rolling back to previous build -- everything works.

• MichaelRidlandMichaelRidland AUInsider, University ✭✭✭

@ShawnAnderson I would guess that the issue is a 3rd party component references a older android sdk.

• Shane000Shane000 USMember ✭✭✭

Instead of deleting old android sdks which other components may reference I added this to my build config in android.csproj for the time being to target the correct framework:

<AndroidSdkBuildToolsVersion>23.0.3</AndroidSdkBuildToolsVersion>

It's annoying because now i need to remember to update that but it worked. Re-download the old needed android sdk and try that maybe?

• ravensorbravensorb USMember ✭✭

@MichaelRidland I created a brand new PCL based project compiled and deployed to an Android device. Then upgraded to 2.2 and it broke. Nothing else was added.

• threadythready CAMember ✭✭✭

@ShawnAnderson - that's very interesting. I think that is probably the best way to point at the problem.

• ChristianSvrdChristianSvrd SEMember ✭✭✭

where is carouselview nuget package?

• WiktorKonckiWiktorKoncki USMember ✭✭

@ChristianSvrd said:
    where is carouselview nuget package?

Missing in action. I'm also stuck on prerelese version due to missing carousel view. Let's hope they will release it soon.

• SpaceMonkeySpaceMonkey GBMember ✭✭✭

38416 - ListView Sized Incorrectly After Containing Layout's Visibility is Toggled

This actually happens now after I've updated to 2.2 from 2.1.... It really seems like every update brings bugs, I have to fix stuff that worked perfectly fine before with every Forms update.

On the other side, I'm really happy that it's finally open-sourced, I was crying about this a long time ago :)

• MichaelDimoudisMichaelDimoudis AUUniversity ✭✭

My ListView cell is broken in 2.2.0 :( It's a quite complex ListView with elements showing/hiding depending on data, but I got it working really nice in 2.0.0 (Had to skip 2.1.0 due to bug 39403).

I'm trying to re build the UI of my ListView cell but it's just not playing nicely... Anyone else experiencing issues with layouts broken in ListView cell?

I'll change my code to use DataTemplateSelector's and see how that goes, but I hope this won't be a recurring issue with 2.3.0+, and keen to hear if anyone else had to rebuild their ListView cells in 2.2.0.

• seanydaseanyda GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭

What is the nuget called for the Carousel view??

• SpaceMonkeySpaceMonkey GBMember ✭✭✭

@MichaelDimoudis

Yes, already found a bug related to showing/hiding controls on Android:
    https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=40809

@SeanDavies.1435 said:
    What is the nuget called for the Carousel view??

It will be called Xamarin.Forms.CarouselView It is not yet available on NuGet

• MadhurBhargava.9449MadhurBhargava.9449 USMember, University

Any updates on the CarouselView Nuget yet?

• tomnuentomnuen VNMember ✭✭

Where is CarouselView Nuget package?

It would be really nice if we could get CarouselView even in prerelease state instead of being stuck on prerelease forms version. I would really like to try XAML preview from 2.3 but can't update forms now.

• Billy12ShovelsBilly12Shovels USUniversity ✭✭✭

Does anyone get this error when running on a 9.3.1 device?
    It happens when I attempt to click on an image that has a tapgesturerecognizer:

System.TypeInitializationExceptionThe type initializer for 'Scollar.PetTrainingPage' threw an exception.
    Raw
    at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Object:__icall_wrapper_mono_gsharedvt_constrained_call (intptr,intptr,intptr,intptr,intptr)
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.Start[TStateMachine] (System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TStateMachine& stateMachine) <0x1002d9d90 + 0x001bb> in :0
    at (wrapper unknown) System.Object:gsharedvt_in ()
    at (wrapper unknown) System.Object:gsharedvt_out ()
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncVoidMethodBuilder.Start[TStateMachine] (System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TStateMachine& stateMachine) <0x1002d7fa0 + 0x0005f> in :0
    at (wrapper unknown) System.Object:gsharedvt_in ()
    at Scollar.MyPetsPage.petTap_Tapped (System.Object sender, System.EventArgs e) <0x100436050 + 0x00143> in :0
    at Xamarin.Forms.TapGestureRecognizer.SendTapped (Xamarin.Forms.View sender) <0x1004b13d0 + 0x000e7> in :0
    at Xamarin.Forms.Platform.iOS.EventTracker+<>c__DisplayClass12_0.b__0 (UIKit.UITapGestureRecognizer r) <0x100a60710 + 0x00153> in :0
    at UIKit.UITapGestureRecognizer+Callback.Activated (UIKit.UITapGestureRecognizer sender) <0x100af9cd0 + 0x0002b> in :0
    at (wrapper managed-to-native) UIKit.UIApplication:UIApplicationMain (int,string[],intptr,intptr)
    at UIKit.UIApplication.Main (System.String[] args, IntPtr principal, IntPtr delegate) <0x100adad50 + 0x0002b> in :0
    at UIKit.UIApplication.Main (System.String[] args, System.String principalClassName, System.String delegateClassName) <0x100adac90 + 0x000ab> in :0
    at Scollar.iOS.Application.Main (System.String[] args) <0x1000e27f0 + 0x00023> in :0

inner stack:

System.NullReferenceExceptionObject reference not set to an instance of an object
    at Scollar.PetTrainingPage..cctor () <0x1003fb910 + 0x0008c> in :0

It also interestingly enough happens only in an Ah-Hoc build and not a debug build

• KristofBergeKristofBerge BRUniversity ✭✭

Any news on the CarouselView? I'm not finding the Nuget package yet.

• JMDFJMDF DEMember

Any docs or howtos for:

Nest platform controls to Forms layout

Allows adding platform-specific controls (iOS, Android, and Windows) directly to a Forms layout. Note: this isn't available from PCL and requires #if defines to work from a shared project.

?

I'd also like to see documentation on how to integrate platform-specific controls into Forms.

• PierceBogganPierceBoggan USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team, Developer Group Leader Xamurai
  • LesterMeeksLesterMeeks USMember ✭✭

Well... just got excited to grab the new CarouselView that i saw on nuget, but now I am thinking it is not the "official" one. "CarouselView Control for Xamarin Forms".

• 15mgm1515mgm15 USMember ✭✭✭✭

Anyone having the same issue with the packages restores and updates and also no finding any package?

I cannot restore any package neither updating it.

• LushLush USMember ✭✭

I cannot find the Xamarin.Forms.CarouselView nuget package anywhere.

@BryanHunterXam quote:

CarouselView split into separate package

CarouselView, which appeared in Xamarin.Forms 2.2.0-pre1 through pre4, has been been removed from the Xamarin.Forms package and moved into its own Nuget package. (Note: should be published later today).

That was 12 days ago!

Can we expect the nuget package to be available soon?

Thanx!

• RasmusChristensenRasmusChristensen DKUniversity ✭✭

Any expected date on XF 2.3? Really looking forward to URLNavigation/DeepLink :)

• seanydaseanyda GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭

Could really do with the carousel nuget being released so I can update to the stable release

Also, since CarouselView is a separate package, will we see a separate GitHub repository for that? It doesn't appear to have been open-sourced yet.

• AndrewRobertsAndrewRoberts USMember ✭✭

I guess I'll throw my name in the hat as well. Would be nice to hear from Xamarin when we should expect the CarouselView nuget package.

• MichaelRumplerMichaelRumpler ATMember ✭✭✭✭✭

I understand that the CarouselView will be merged into the main XF and thus also open sourced when they fixed the most important bugs. See

• DanieleZDanieleZ USMember

Sorry to break the chain but I have a problem with the Master Detail behavior with the 2.2
    I have the IsGestureEnable set to false, but now even tapping on the hamburger does not open the sliding panel, is this the intended behavior?

Any new on the CarouselView ? (didn't really want to break the chain, and really looking forward to it)

• rob8861rob8861 USMember ✭✭

Hi,

I was playing around with the Xamarin Forms Gallery project. I built the project and ran it on the android simulator. Every single page works except the one with the image. When I tap that cell I get

"System.MissingMethodException: Method 'Looper.get_IsCurrentThread' not found"

I tried updating to the latest stable release - no luck.
    I tried upgrading to the latest pre release - still no luck.

it drives me crazy. Any idea what could cause this issue?

tnx

• AlessandroCaliaroAlessandroCaliaro ITMember ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi friends.
    I am using XF 2.2.0 on Android.
    It works fine on Debug mode.
    If I switch to Release and try to recompile the project, I have this error. It's a XF problem or I have to contact @AllanRitchie ?

/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/External/xbuild/Xamarin/Android/Xamarin.Android.Common.targets: Error: Error executing task LinkAssemblies: error XA2006: Reference to metadata item 'System.Int64 System.DateTimeOffset::ToUnixTimeMilliseconds()' (defined in 'Acr.UserDialogs, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null') from 'Acr.UserDialogs, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' could not be resolved. (Comanda.Droid)

If I Try to recompile on iOS, on Debug it's OK. On Release, Ok.
    If I try to Archive for Publishing, I have this error

/Users/alessandrocaliaro/Projects/comanda/iOS/MTOUCH: Error MT2002: Failed to resolve "System.Void CoreGraphics.CGRect::.ctor(System.Single,System.Single,System.Single,System.Single)" reference from "Xamarin.iOS, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=84e04ff9cfb79065" (MT2002) (Comanda.iOS)

Any suggestion?

• TonyDTonyD USMember ✭✭✭

@AlessandroCaliaro I was having a similar issue when doing Archive for Publishing.

What worked in my case was deleting the Release\bin and Release\obj folders.

• RyanWatsonRyanWatson USMember ✭✭✭

@DanieleZ said:
    Sorry to break the chain but I have a problem with the Master Detail behavior with the 2.2
    I have the IsGestureEnable set to false, but now even tapping on the hamburger does not open the sliding panel, is this the intended behavior?

Any new on the CarouselView ? (didn't really want to break the chain, and really looking forward to it)

I am wondering about it too. I don't see any updates on it or anything.

• AlessandroCaliaroAlessandroCaliaro ITMember ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks @AntoineElDaher . I try