Forum General
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

Activation Error

pleurypleury USMember

Trying to take advantage of the new VS licensing and getting this error on activation:

System.FormatException: One of the identified items was in an invalid format.
at Xamarin.Components.Ide.Activation.ActivationService.GetErrorWorkflow(LicenseSyncResult[] results, Boolean ignoreSyncErrors)
at Xamarin.Components.Ide.Activation.ActivationService.d__61.MoveNext()
at Xamarin.Components.Ide.Activation.ActivationDialog.DisplayWorkflowStep(ActivationWorkflowStep step)
at Xamarin.Components.Ide.Activation.ActivationDialog.<>c__DisplayClass30_0.b__0(Task t)

Any ideas? It is happening in both VS and XS(OSX)

Best Answer

Answers

• DivisibleByZeroDivisibleByZero USMember ✭✭

I'm running into the same issue.

• DivisibleByZeroDivisibleByZero USMember ✭✭

Upgrading fixed this for me.

• pleurypleury USMember

XS working now too. I still need to get VS working.

• dstarnesdstarnes USMember ✭✭

I ran into this issue after switching to the alpha channel. (I wanted to play with the Xamarin Workbooks.) I got my subscription through MSDN. Is this not supported with the alpha channel yet?

• BrendanZagaeskiBrendanZagaeski USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Is this not supported with the alpha channel yet?

@DStarnes, that's correct. The Alpha channel has not yet been refreshed with the support for the new licensing model. The Alpha channel will be refreshed early next week with support for the license style (http://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/comment/188188/#Comment_188188).

• dstarnesdstarnes USMember ✭✭

@BrendanZagaeski Thanks! I'll switch back to the Stable channel until then. I have a bad habit of wanting the new toys now. :)

• LUCIO.4156LUCIO.4156 BRMember

error:
    System.FormatException: One of the identified items was in an invalid format.
    at Xamarin.Components.Ide.Activation.ActivationService.GetErrorWorkflow(LicenseSyncResult[] results, Boolean ignoreSyncErrors)
    at Xamarin.Components.Ide.Activation.ActivationService.d__100.MoveNext()
    at Xamarin.Components.Ide.Activation.ActivationDialog.DisplayWorkflowStep(ActivationWorkflowStep step)
    at Xamarin.Components.Ide.Activation.ActivationDialog.<>c__DisplayClass11.b__12(Task t)

I had previous One Account, test.
    I received from microsoft msdn , the full license . Agoratento enter the same in visual studio and this error.

• BrendanZagaeskiBrendanZagaeski USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

LUCIO.4156, no need to re-post the error since that exactly matches the text in the first post in this thread. The more important question is, have you tried all the steps mentioned in the previous comments to attempt to address the error?

Thanks in advance!

• DanielAmorimDanielAmorim BRMember ✭✭

I've tried all of these steps but I am facing the same error.

• DanielAmorimDanielAmorim BRMember ✭✭

I reinstalled Xamarin Studio and it is working now.

• JasonFreitasJasonFreitas USUniversity

Does the new vs licensing work for Xamarin 3.9? Or only 4 and above?

• DaveHuntDaveHunt USMember ✭✭✭✭✭

@JasonFreitas said:
    Does the new vs licensing work for Xamarin 3.9? Or only 4 and above?

You need the new Xamarin tools to support the new licensing.

• Hello, is there a solution without upgrading the the latest version of Xamarin? I need to activate my license in Xamarin Studio 5.9.