Forum Xamarin.Android

Is this an issue with Fast Deployment or expected behavior?

JimBordenJimBorden USMember ✭✭
edited March 2016 in Xamarin.Android

I have an app which makes use of plugins that are discovered and consumed at runtime. The presence, or lack thereof, of a plugin indicates whether or not this functionality is available in the version of the app that is built. However I notice that with fast app deployment even if I remove a reference to a plugin, clean and rebuild so that the DLL goes away completely in the output folder, and redeploy the DLL file is still on the device and so it is being used. The only way around this is to completely uninstall and reinstall the app (or disable fast deployment). Is this expected behavior?

• JohnAlastarJohnAlastar USMember

I have the same problem. I got it after update my phone from 4.4.4 to 5.0.1 Android version.

• JimBennettJimBennett GBXamarin Team, Insider, University, Developer Group Leader ✭✭✭✭

I imagine it would be expected behaviour - fast deployment is all about only pushing the smallest set of changes to the device when you debug/run to make it quicker, so I imagine it won't delete anything, just push any changed binaries or resources.