Xamarin Studio 4.0.10 iOS debugger not working

We've updated to Xamarin Studio 4.0.10 and have problem with the debugger, besides the PCL Problems described here:

We select Debug|iPhone and connect the iPad (3rd Gen), the app is deployed and starts running but Xamarin Studio displays "Waiting for debugger to connect..." and nothing happens.

• CalinTurcuCalinTurcu ROMember

After more testing: debugging in Xamarin Studio 4.0.9 on another Mac doesn't work either.

Looking at the iPad Console in XCode I saw some lines suggesting that the device is talking to Apple's servers:
    : Connecting to com.apple.debugserver service...

Knowing that those services are down at the moment, I can speculate that debugging without internet connection or without Apple's servers is not possible. True or false?

• AlanMcGovernAlanMcGovern USXamarin Team Xamurai
    edited July 2013

We don't connect to a remote apple server in order to launch debugging so I suspect something else has gone wrong. Can you confirm that you're on Mono 3.2.0 and also have the latest stable versions of Xamarin.iOS and Xamarin Studio? Can you also provide a copy of your log files from a session where the debugger fails to connect. The files can be located by clicking on Help -> Open Log Directory. If you could email a copy of that directory to [email protected] we can take a look at it.

Thanks!

Thanks for the answer. I will send the logs right away.

After talking with the support guys, there seems to be a problem with the debugger, but there is also a workaround: activating wi-fi debugging (Xamarin Studio - Preferences - Debugger - iPhone Debugger - checkbox Debug iOS devices over WiFi)

edited August 2013

After a remote desktop session with Rolf, he found out the root of the problem: I had an incorrect debugger port written in MonoDevelopProperties.xml. A while back they had a bug and the workaround was to set the debugger port to 0. Now this doesn't work anymore, so the MonoTouch.Debugger.Port key has to have the value 10000 again.

XS debugging works again. Case closed. Many thanks to the Xamarin Team!

• AlexSerdobintsevAlexSerdobintsev USMember ✭✭

Could you help, where does the MonoDevelopProperties.xml file locate?

edited August 2013

/Users/username/Library/Preferences/XamarinStudio-4.0/MonoDevelopProperties.xml

(replace username with your mac os user id)

• AlexSerdobintsevAlexSerdobintsev USMember ✭✭

Thank you!