What is Device Concurrency?

JustinRaczakJustinRaczak USXamarin Team Xamurai

Device Concurrency defines the number of devices an account can use in parallel at any one time. Accounts with higher levels of Device Concurrency are typically able to complete their test runs faster (depending on the number of devices targeted) because their tests will execute on more devices simultaneously.

Let's step through a quick example.

I have a test suite for an Android app that takes 10 minutes to run on a single device. My quality team requires that we support 20 device configurations.
If my Test Cloud subscription allows for 1 concurrent device, my test suite will take about 200 minutes to complete, or 3 hours and 20 minutes. (10 minutes per device X 20 target devices).
If my Test Cloud subscription allows for 5 concurrent devices, my test suite will take about 40 minutes to complete for a time savings of 2 hours and 40 minutes.

If you've ever waited for a build to finish on a Friday afternoon, the value of increased device concurrency is immediately apparent.

• EmrahDautbegovicEmrahDautbegovic USMember ✭✭

@JustinRaczak
    Hi Justin,
    I have a support for parallel run on multiple devices and that is great possibility. I have several tests suites that I run in parallel. Can you please tell me, is it possible to run several suites in parallel, and several sequentially during the same XTC run??? It would be great if it is possible, because I have one test suite which I have to run sequentially, but it must be in the same run because of the report of results. Thanks in advance. Emrah