The file "obj\Debug\android\bin\packaged_resources" does not exist.

HendrikBulensHendrikBulens Hendrik BulensBEMember

I just bought an Indie license for Android and I receive the following error when I build a fresh new project in Xamarin Studio

C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Xamarin\Android\Xamarin.Android.Common.targets(3,3): Error MSB6006: aapt.exe is afgesloten met code -1073741819. (MSB6006) (Dime.Scheduler)

C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Xamarin\Android\Xamarin.Android.Common.targets(3,3): Error MSB3375: The file "obj\Debug\android\bin\packaged_resources" does not exist. (MSB3375) (Dime.Scheduler)

More details about the build are in the attachment. Being a complete newbie to the mobile app development, I have no idea where to look and what to do next.

log.txt 524.1K

Answers

• RajeshMekalaRajeshMekala Rajesh Mekala USMember

Please Send me Solution :- Error 109 The file "obj\Debug\android\bin\packaged_resources" does not exist.

• angelocarlottoangelocarlotto angelo carlotto BRMember ✭✭

I am facing the same problem , a few weeks ago , and Could not find a solution till now.

• SamVanReepingenSamVanReepingen Sam Van Reepingen BEMember

@angelocarlotto
    Omg thank you!! Searched for this for so long!

• EdsonAmaralEdsonAmaral Edson Amaral USMember

@angelocarlotto

Tks! I spent few days searching the answer for this problem!!!

• EduardoRochaEduardoRocha Eduardo Rocha USMember

Thanks God before anything!

@angelocarlotto Man, you're a time saver! You saved me from a windows format!

Huge thanks!

• BuddySteveBuddySteve Sam Walters USMember

Visual Studio 2015 - Community Edition - Update 1 w/Xamarin installed

I am getting this same exact here, "Xamarin.Android.Common.targets(1691,3): error MSB3375: The file "obj\Debug\android\bin\packaged_resources" does not exist" on a newly created project where I haven't touched a thing except to run the original template as-is! This shouldn't be!

I have ran through the above recommendations and I am still having this issue! This is on a new project where I went to File -> Project -> Android -> Blank App (Android)
    And then clicked the run button to run the new app. Nothing was edited. Should run out of the box, right?
    I've attached all information I could think of that might help to resolve this issue. Let me know what other info would be helpful. Thanks!

Correction! I'm using Visual Studio 2015 Update 2!

• smhasansmhasan sayyad hasan KWMember ✭✭

@SamWalters
    Dear Sam,
    I am facing exact the same issue,
    Is there any solution you got? please let me know if yes,
    Thanks in advance

edited May 2016

I believe I have resolved this issue. I gave up with trying to fix this one issue and I just uninstalling anything having to do with Android and then reinstalling Xamarin Android and the Xamarin Android Player.

If you're on Windows 10, just go to your Programs and Features list and uninstall anything having to do with Android and Xamarin! You DO NOT need to uninstall Visual Studio 2015!!! DO NOT UNINSTALL VISUAL STUDIO 2015!!!

DO NOT UNINSTALL VISUAL STUDIO 2015!!!! Xamarin and Android are just plugins to Visual Studio! VS2015 is NOT the problem here!

If you had to "un-check" the Hyper-V to disable it, you will need to reboot your computer before running your app!

After uninstalling these apps, go to xamarin.com and download their latest xamarin platform for VS2015 and re-install it! You'll also need to reinstall the xamarin android player at www.xamarin.com/android-player

This appears to work for me thus far! Will let you know if I find out different as I haven't really dug in much other than running the original "Hello World" template app that was created with a new Xamarin blank Android project.

Hope this helps!

• SatyaParidaSatyaParida Satya Parida INMember

I am facing the same issue(The file "obj\Debug\android\bin\packaged_resources" does not exist. MSFoodCourt.Droid )..after following all the steps you have provided, the issue still persists. Any other pointer t fix the issue, please let me know

• TrucNguyenTrucNguyen Truc Nguyen USMember

:( I am very tired of this issue. Because I need to continue doing my work :( :(

• DexxeDexxe Bruno Jorge USMember

@TrucNguyen Thanks, it works!

• MartinStiglincMartinStiglinc Martin Stiglinc USMember

I tried everything what is here or on another forums (StackOverflow etc.) and always there are some errors. I reinstal several times Android SDK, even VS2015, tried to install only recomended tools and packages - nothing works. Once there is a problem with Android Emulator, another time app.exe exited with code 1073741816, then the file obj debug android bin packaged resources does not exit. I am so tired for looking working solution. I think I better learn Java and use this language for developing for Andorid as never ending buggs.

• Huy.HoHuy.Ho Huy Ho USMember

Thanks @TrucNguyen, after I deleted the issue was resolved :dizzy:

• JohnParrJohnParr John Parr USMember

Yes I also found the same as @TrucNguyen by accident.

Would have saved me a few days if I would have come here first!

• CostasAletrariCostasAletrari Costas Aletrari USMember ✭✭

@TrucNguyen I also had to remove the Android SDK Build Tools in the Tools folder rev 24 and i solved my problem
    thanks

• LexmanLexman Alexander Wybo CAMember

@TrucNguyen @CostasAletrari Removing the preview tools package and rev 24 worked for me - very helpful, thanks!!

• Chris_LamontChris_Lamont Chris Lamont USUniversity
    edited June 2016

For me, uninstalling the Android SDK Build-tools 24 fixed the problem.

• MatthewChartier.6597MatthewChartier.6597 Matthew Chartier USMember
    edited June 2016

@angelocarlotto's fix solved the problem for me.

• Daniel.ReiterDaniel.Reiter Daniel Reiter USMember ✭✭✭

@LukasReiner said:
    Ok guys i think i know what the problem is here.

First of all go and deinstall preview tools in your android sdk manager.
    If you havent installed it but still get the same error then go and deinstall Android SDK Build Tools Rev. 24.

The Problem we have here is that, if you have Appcombat, RecyclerView or something like that in your project, the library rev of these librarys are below rev 24. They are still on 23.2.1 but not on rev 24.
    So if you installed Build-Tools Rev 24 and want to build your project the build cant find the rev24 resource package of your librarys.

You can check it on your own
    Go in the SDK Manager and check "Obsolete"
    Then go to the folder Extras and there you can see "Android Support Library (Obsolete) Rev 23.2.1.
    And then check if there is Android Support Library Rev 24 in your Extras Folder. No? And thats the Problem here.
    We got the Update for Build Tools to early and have to wait for Library Update.
    Then we all can use Build Tools 24!

So only update to BuildTools Rev 24 when we got an update for support librarys and have the rev24 librarys.

Cheers Lads

Is there a way to downgrade to some earlier version?

When I delete the Android SDK Platform-tools and Android SDK Build-tools Rev 24 and try to deploy to my android, it just fails without any errors.

• wojtwojt Wojciech Makarewicz USMember

Hi,
    Create folder 'packaged_resources' in [project folder or startup project]\obj\Debug\android\bin\ packaged_resources :) Works for me.

• lukasrein97lukasrein97 Lukas Reiner USMember ✭✭✭

you dont need to downgrade. And you dont need to delete platform tools. Only delete build tools because onnly build tools need library rev 24. Platformtools dont need that so you can leave it on rev 25? I guess

• JamesMontemagnoJamesMontemagno James Montemagno USXamarin Team, Developer Group Leader Xamurai

Read through the technical bulletin about SDK 24: https://releases.xamarin.com/technical-bulletin-android-sdk-build-tools-24/

• LanceMcCarthyLanceMcCarthy Lance McCarthy USMember ✭✭

Xamarin has released a bulletin for this issue as it pertains to SDK 24 https://releases.xamarin.com/technical-bulletin-android-sdk-build-tools-24/

There's a bug filed and it lists a couple workarounds.

• JFMGJFMG José Fabio Martinez Gonzalez DEMember ✭✭
    edited June 2016

@LukasR said:
    [...]
    So only update to BuildTools Rev 24 when we got an update for support librarys and have the rev24 librarys.

Thanks, that solved my problem!

• lukasrein97lukasrein97 Lukas Reiner USMember ✭✭✭

@JFMG said:

@LukasR said:
    [...]

No Problem!

• qusayhamadqusayhamad qusay hamad USMember

@TrucNguyen said:
    I just resolved this issue. it works for me

• faceoffers28faceoffers28 Brian Teague USUniversity ✭✭✭

Does anyone have a screen show showing how their Android SDK Manager is configured? I have tried just about every combination. Here is a screen shot showing my current config. By the way, this error is occurring for me when I try to add Images to any of my Resources folders.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

• faceoffers28faceoffers28 Brian Teague USUniversity ✭✭✭
    edited June 2016

OK, after downgrading my Android SDK Tools, Platform Tools and Build Tools the problem was only ever resolved once I realized that some of the new images I was adding to my app included hyphens in the filename. Here is one of the file names.

Add-Earth_48_5p.png

The hyphen in the filename produced these errors.

C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Xamarin\Android\Xamarin.Android.Common.targets(3,3): Error MSB3375: The file "obj\Debug\android\bin\packaged_resources" does not exist. (MSB3375) (FaceOffers.Droid)

C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Xamarin\Android\Xamarin.Android.Common.targets(3,3): Error MSB6006: "aapt.exe" exited with code 1. (MSB6006) (FaceOffers.Droid)

For anyone that wants instructions on how to downgrade, here are some good links to use. This is for Windows.

SDK Tools
    http://dl-ssl.google.com/android/repository/tools_r25.1.1-windows.zip

Installation
    http://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/42333/not-yet-compatible-android-sdk-tools-rev-24-3/p1

Platform Tools
    http://dl-ssl.google.com/android/repository/platform-tools_r23.1.0-windows.zip

Installation
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9555337/how-to-downgrade-my-sdk-version

Build Tools
    http://dl-ssl.google.com/android/repository/build-tools_r23.0.1-windows.zip

• KasperBorysKasperBorys Kasper Borys USMember

I had this error today, but nothing seemed to be up with the Build Tools I was using. Some StackOverflow post told me I should try Verbose debugging in Visual Studio; the aapt.exe error will be one line above the error message. Turns out I messed something up with my AndroidManifest.xml.

• DhanabalandurairajasivamDhanabalandurairajasivam Dhanabalan durairajasivam SGMember
    edited July 2016

@LukasR said:

First of all go and deinstall preview tools in your android sdk manager.
    If you havent installed it but still get the same error then go and deinstall Android SDK Build Tools Rev. 24.

The Problem we have here is that, if you have Appcombat, RecyclerView or something like that in your project, the library rev of these librarys are below rev 24. They are still on 23.2.1 but not on rev 24.
    So if you installed Build-Tools Rev 24 and want to build your project the build cant find the rev24 resource package of your librarys.

You can check it on your own
    Go in the SDK Manager and check "Obsolete"
    Then go to the folder Extras and there you can see "Android Support Library (Obsolete) Rev 23.2.1.
    And then check if there is Android Support Library Rev 24 in your Extras Folder. No? And thats the Problem here.
    We got the Update for Build Tools to early and have to wait for Library Update.
    Then we all can use Build Tools 24!

Cheers Lads

Thank you ! . It solved my probem. :)

• NixonKosgeiNixonKosgei Nixon Kosgei USMember

Severity Code Description Project File Line
    Error The "Aapt" task failed unexpectedly.
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Users\Nixon\AppData\Local\Temp\4hhvqd3o.l02\resources.apk.bk'.
    File name: 'C:\Users\Nixon\AppData\Local\Temp\4hhvqd3o.l02\resources.apk.bk'
    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite, Boolean checkHost)
    at System.IO.File.Copy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)
    at Xamarin.Android.Tools.Files.CopyIfZipChanged(String source, String destination)
    at Xamarin.Android.Tasks.Aapt.ExecuteForAbi(String abi)
    at Xamarin.Android.Tasks.Aapt.Execute()
    at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskExecutionHost.Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.ITaskExecutionHost.Execute()
    at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskBuilder.d__26.MoveNext() TipCalc

• RafaelPenaRafaelPena Rafael Pena MXMember

Just Remove that buildRools Rev 24 and works like a charm,....
    Thanks lot.
    Satch

• ExaPhaserIndustriesExaPhaserIndustries ExaPhaser Industries USMember

Yep, just remove build tools r24. Please fix this Xamarin!

• LajeshDLajeshD Lajesh D USMember ✭✭

Yes, build tools r24 is the culprit. Please remove and try rebuilding.