Forum Visual Studio

Announcement:

The Xamarin Forums have officially moved to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Microsoft Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

To create new threads and ask questions head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET and get involved today.

Where can I find logs for a failed deployment to iOS?

EasyGoingPatEasyGoingPat GBMember ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

My project, which was building and running fine yesterday, now will not deploy to my physical iPhone. The Visual Studio message is simply: Launch failed. The app 'MyAppiOS' could not be launched on 'iPhone'. Please check the logs for more details.

Does anyone know where I can find these logs?

Kind wishes ~ Patrick

PS - It might be to do with the fact that my MacBook build server has just updated El Capitan, and my phone has just done an update too.

Best Answers

• ShantimohanElchuriShantimohanElchuri USMember ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

On VS2015, go to Help -> Xamarin -> Open Logs...

Yesterday I too had issues connecting to the Mac agent after updating Xcode with iOS 9.3. Some or all of the following may be of help:

1. Upgrade your Mac OS to El Capitan, if not already done. iOS 9.3 needs it.
    2. After Xcode updated, start it once on Mac. Just running the default blank app also might help.
    3. Update Xamarin.iOS to v9.4 on Mac & Windows.
    4. After all the updates, just reboot both the machines.
    5. Note that you may need several attempts to successfully connect and deploy. Why? I don't know...

Happy Debugging...

Accepted Answer

@karthikgk Assuming that you have the latest XCode on your Mac or recently updated it, just open it once to install some components needed by Xamarin, and close it.

Then reboot both Mac and Windows.

Then first try in the Simulator on Mac, then in the remoted simulator on VS, then try to deploy to your iPad device.

Second, the error doesn't suggest it but check if iPhone / iPhoneSimulator in Debug / Release mode is enabled in the solution configuration.

Answers

Accepted Answer

On VS2015, go to Help -> Xamarin -> Open Logs...

Yesterday I too had issues connecting to the Mac agent after updating Xcode with iOS 9.3. Some or all of the following may be of help:

1. Upgrade your Mac OS to El Capitan, if not already done. iOS 9.3 needs it.
    2. After Xcode updated, start it once on Mac. Just running the default blank app also might help.
    3. Update Xamarin.iOS to v9.4 on Mac & Windows.
    4. After all the updates, just reboot both the machines.
    5. Note that you may need several attempts to successfully connect and deploy. Why? I don't know...

Happy Debugging...

• TitoDevTitoDev ARMember
  • karthikgkkarthikgk USMember ✭✭

Launching 'App1iOS' on 'Knila 's iPad'...
    Launch failed. The app 'App1iOS' could not be launched on 'Knila 's iPad'. Please check the logs for more details.
    The app has been terminated.

how to solve this error?

@karthikgk said:
    Launching 'App1iOS' on 'Knila 's iPad'...
    Launch failed. The app 'App1iOS' could not be launched on 'Knila 's iPad'. Please check the logs for more details.

how to solve this error?

Have you ever tested your app on any of the iOS devices? If this is the fist time, then you may have to get developer certificate for iOS and install it in your Mac before testing on your iPad.

• karthikgkkarthikgk USMember ✭✭

I can connect with the mac, But i couldn't run the project with simulator as well as ipad also...
    i am getting "Please select a valid device before running the application"...
    I have a developer certificate and its in active mode only..

Accepted Answer

@karthikgk Assuming that you have the latest XCode on your Mac or recently updated it, just open it once to install some components needed by Xamarin, and close it.

Then reboot both Mac and Windows.

Then first try in the Simulator on Mac, then in the remoted simulator on VS, then try to deploy to your iPad device.

Second, the error doesn't suggest it but check if iPhone / iPhoneSimulator in Debug / Release mode is enabled in the solution configuration.

• BhaurajBiradar.9064BhaurajBiradar.9064 USMember ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017

Hi,

My app is not launching in iPhone, but it launches in simulator from VS 2013. Below are logs.

InspectorDebugSession(6): StateChange: Start -> EntryPointBreakpointRegistered
    InspectorDebugSession(6): Constructed
    Launching 'App.iOS' on 'IPhone'...

VS Xamarin Version - 4.5.0
    Mac Xamarin Version - 6.2.1
    Mac Xcode Version - 8.3.3

It works well with simulator not with iphone

@BhaurajBiradar.9064 Is your iPhone provisioned for development?

Yes,

Its problem with Distribution profile. Its working fine now :)

@BhaurajBiradar.9064 said:
    Its problem with Distribution profile. Its working fine now :)

Good that you found a solution.