Forum Visual Studio

Announcement:

The Xamarin Forums have officially moved to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Microsoft Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

To create new threads and ask questions head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET and get involved today.

Why does Xamarin Update notification keep appearing but does not update?

EasyGoingPatEasyGoingPat GBMember ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2016 in Visual Studio

SORRY - Accidentally posted this twice.

Hi,

In Visual Studio, the notification to say that a new version of Xamarin is available keeps appearing. It says to click to update, but this doesn't appear to do anything. This happens every time I restart Visual Studio.

Has anyone else seen this? Does anyone know how to fix it? (Been happening for about two weeks now.)

Kind wishes ~ Patrick

Best Answers

• ShantimohanElchuriShantimohanElchuri USMember ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Just go to Tools -> Options... -> Xamarin section (scroll all the way down to the bottom on the left panel, it is the 2nd last) and expand it -> Other -> Click on "Check Now" link besides the Notify me about ... updates check box.

Better be in the Stable updates...

Accepted Answer

As for the iOS Doc Set, I think that's a bug. Hope it will be resolved in next update.

Answers

Accepted Answer

Just go to Tools -> Options... -> Xamarin section (scroll all the way down to the bottom on the left panel, it is the 2nd last) and expand it -> Other -> Click on "Check Now" link besides the Notify me about ... updates check box.

Better be in the Stable updates...

• EasyGoingPatEasyGoingPat GBMember ✭✭✭✭

Thanks @ShantimohanElchuri . That fixed it for the Xamarin Update. Do you know how to fix it for the Xamarin iOS Doc Set? That keeps doing the same thing, except that it appears to successfully go through a full download-extract-merge cycle. Then next time I start VS, I get the same notification again.

Accepted Answer

As for the iOS Doc Set, I think that's a bug. Hope it will be resolved in next update.