Stable Release: iOS 9.3 and Xcode 9.3 SDK Bindings Release

BrendanZagaeskiBrendanZagaeski USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai
edited March 2016 in General

Release Blog post: https://releases.xamarin.com/stable-release-ios-9-3-xcode-7-3-support

This is a feature release to provide SDK bindings and IDE compatibility for iOS 9.3 and Xcode 7.3. See the Release Blog post for more details.

Please note this release only supports the iOS 9.3 API, and does not include watchOS2 or tvOS support. Those will come to Stable at a later date (but are available as previews now).

Remaining known issues

The known issues are unchanged compared to the previous "Cycle 6 – Service Release 2" Stable release. See that thread for additional details.

Bug filing

If you find any new issues in this release compared to the previous Stable versions that you would like the Xamarin team to investigate, please do file a quick bug report, and then feel free to add a note on this thread with the bug number. Thanks!

Previous versions, downgrading

You can downgrade back to the previous Stable version by manually reinstalling each old package. See the KB article on downgrading. If you have a Trial or Starter subscription (or simply would prefer an email with all the installer links you need), feel free to contact [email protected] to request the older versions.

Release info

Windows

• N/A

Mac

Release Blog post: https://releases.xamarin.com/stable-release-ios-9-3-xcode-7-3-support

See the first entry in the release blog and "Xamarin Release Cycles" for more information about "cycles," "service releases," and "feature based releases."

Compatibility notes

• [iOS] Xcode 7.3 requires OS X 10.11 El Capitan.

Additional compatibility notes from the initial Cycle 6 Feature Release

• [XamarinVS] The Cycle 6 builds of XamarinVS now require Visual Studio 2012 or higher. Following along with the end of Mainstream Support for Visual Studio 2010 by Microsoft, Cycle 6 is not compatible with VS 2010.

• [iOS] The Cycle 6 builds now require Xcode 7 or higher. For example, attempting to build an iOS app for device using Xcode 6.4 will now fail with "Native linking failed, undefined symbol: ___divdc3".

• [Xamarin Studio] [XamarinVS] [iOS] [Android] [Xamarin.Mac] Support for OS X 10.9 Mavericks has been deprecated. The Cycle 6 builds now require OS X 10.10 Yosemite.

EDIT Mar 23: Correct a small typo.

• SachinAgrawalSachinAgrawal USUniversity ✭✭

@BrendanZagaeski I have a Xamarin.Forms app in the appstore and one of the tabs in the app shows the Map. I have written a custom-renderer for the ios and android maps. This was working fine until my users upgraded to iOS 9.3. Please suggest if there are any known issues in this context and any workarounds?

• JKayJKay USMember ✭✭✭

@BrendanZagaeski not sure if youre the right person to inform about this but your certificate has expired at:

https://components.xamarin.com/

• BrendanZagaeskiBrendanZagaeski USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

I have a Xamarin.Forms app in the appstore and one of the tabs in the app shows the Map. I have written a custom-renderer for the ios and android maps. This was working fine until my users upgraded to iOS 9.3

For reference for any other users who might see the same issue, that problem is now being tracked in public Bug 39987

• BrendanZagaeskiBrendanZagaeski USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

JKay, thanks for the heads-up! Should be all set now.

This discussion has been closed.