This version was released after your subscription expired

Today we finally got around to installing Xamarin Studio today (we had been holding off until our most recent release went out using MonoDevelop), and the first thing we noticed when we tried to build an app is a message reading “This version was released after your subscription expired (18/02/2013 8:14:49 PM)”.

We weren't aware that our subscription expired, but regardless, we decided to just open up MonoDevelop to work on the same project we’ve been working on for a year or more and now MonoDevelop is giving us the same “This version was released after your subscription expired (18/02/2013 8:14:49 PM)” error so we're stuck and can't do any iOS development using either environment.

Is there something we need to do to get around this problem? I see postings online about this same message for others but so far haven’t been able to find a resolution that lets us run MonoDevelop again. I don't believe we have to pay annually in order to run MonoDevelop do we?

• AndrewChungAndrewChung USXamarin Team, Beta Xamurai

Hello Ted -- thanks for contacting Xamarin!

Let's continue the conversation we've been having at [email protected] :)

• adamkempadamkemp USInsider, Developer Group Leader mod

For posterity, here is what fixed this issue for me:

Delete the "C:\Users\akemp\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\ProgramData\Mono for Android" directory.