Binding a .framework, what should happen after Objective Sharpie?

Hi guys

I've successfully generated the ApiDefinitions.cs and StructsAndEnums.cs for a .framework I have to bind. But I'm completely lost in the process afterwards. I have trouble finding a correct method to complete the binding to a .dll

Some say: rename the library inside the framework to a .a static library and add that to a binding project. But my .framework has Resources needed so I'm not really sure if I then just add those too.

Others say: there's this bmac method something somewhere.

Any clarification would be great, since the documentation is not really helpful at all in what happens "after" Objective Sharpie for a .framework binding.

Thanks in advance,

Lewion

• MurielSilveiraMurielSilveira USMember

+1 Same doubt!

• Alejandro-lAlejandro-l JPMember ✭✭

1) Create your iOS binding project in Xamarin Studio
    2) Copy paste the two files code you got to the already created project's files ApiDefinitions.cs and Structs.cs (Or move the files but do not forget that they have special Build Actions). They are in the "bindings folder", output of the sharpie.
    3) "Native References" -> You can link the framework there (.framework or .a) by right clicking and adding
    4) Remove the [Verify] in ApiDefinitions.cs
    5) Solve the errors that will come.

Good luck.

• JonWoodJonWood USUniversity ✭✭

If you're still stuck, it looks like this walkthrough goes through all the next steps.