Getting our project to run on Windows Phone 8.1 Silverlight

MileyHollenbergMileyHollenberg USUniversity
edited March 2016 in Visual Studio

I'm currently working on getting our project up and running on WP8.1 but I'm getting thousands of errors regarding just about everything being wrong in the project.

The main issues are missing dependencies which slowly but surely are being re-added (though they are in a lot of cases with Azure completely different then what iOS and Android use which is really annoying) and none of the XAML pages work (and we use a lot of those).

With the XAML pages not working the method InitializeComponent() is just not available and I can't find anything useful online on how to get this back again, I've got the latest version of Xamarin Forms installed and it should just work but doesn't want to :(

Our project is a Shared Project, we have a Shared Project, the iOS project, the Android Project and now also the Windows Phone Project.

The error I'm getting on one of the xaml pages is,

Severity    Code    Description Project File    Line    Suppression State
Error   CS0103  The name 'InitializeComponent' does not exist in the current context    PD.WinPhone C:\Projects\PD-xamarin\PD\PD\Views\Controls\Prizes\PrizeView.xaml.cs    87  Active

The class itself extends the ViewCell class and works without any issue on iOS and Android, it's just Windows Phone that doesn't work, how can we get this to work as it should?

Greets,
Miley