This post is no longer updated. For the most recent information, please see: Current and Recent Releases: UITest, Test Recorder and Calabash
The Xamarin.UITest 1.3.15 NuGet package is now available. You are encouraged to upgrade to the latest version.
Xamarin.UITest 1.3.15 August 17, 2016
- [Android] Fixed issue where HttpRequestException was being thrown during application startup
- [Android] Improved performance for AppDataMode.Clear & AppDataMode.Auto in Xamarin Test Cloud.
- Fixed FileNotFoundException being thrown when using UITest with SpecFlow on XS/Mono
- [Android] PressEnter() broken since 1.3.13. Fixed.
- [Android] PressMenu() broken since 1.3.13. Fixed.
Xamarin.UITest 1.3.14 August 5, 2016
- [Android] Fixed ObjectDisposedException which occured at the start of the first test for some apps.
Xamarin.UITest 1.3.13 August 3, 2016
- [Android] Test server updated which includes text entry support for Android N.
- Added support for Specflow 2.x
- Fixed issue where .XPath() locator method would throw exception if it included single quotes. I.e. //*[@='attname']
Xamarin.UITest 1.3.12 July 19, 2016
- Changed unzip encoding to fix 'idevice-tools not empty' issue in Xamarin Test Recorder.
Xamarin.UITest 1.3.11 July 12, 2016
- [Android] An improved install process for Android which is more resiliant to unexpected output.
Xamarin.UITest 1.3.10 June 29, 2016
- Fixed issue where UITest nuget package is being imported into Visual Studio 2015 rc3 incorrectly.
- [Android] Fixed issue whereby when multiple devices are connected it was not possible to install the apk.
- [iOS] Fix for potential simulator launch failure when there are broken simulators registered (XCode upgrades can create broken duplicate instances of simulators).
- [iOS] Additional operating system popups are automatically dismissed.
test-cloud.exe no longer processes the
--priority option. It still accepts it but pushes a warning message stating that it no longer has any effect.
- Add enable mock locations for installed applications on Android Marshmallow (you cannot set this solely through a manifest permission in M).
- Fixed issue where long running tests may fail with
- Fixed issue where gestures may take longer to perform when a test has been running for a long time.
ClearAppData2 error when Android apps were extremely slow to launch.
- Fixed an issue that occasionally caused even small tests to run for six hours and then complete without results in Test Cloud.
test-cloud.exe copes with brief (< 5min) connectivity issues when submitting tests.
SetSliderValue() on Android throws exception if the slider element can't be found matching the iOS behaviour.
Fixed process management issue which caused a variety of occasional app install/launch issues, mainly on Android.
- Fixed process management issue which caused a variety of occasional app install/launch issues, mainly on Android.
- Add support for
Frame() API on Android. Unlike on iOS, cross-domain iframes are not supported.
- Devices that are skipped (due to being incompatible with the test application) are listed when submitting to Test Cloud.
- Fix an issue where performing a DragAndDrop gesture causes certain Programatic Scroll gestures to scroll incorrectly until the device is restarted.
- Fix issue where tests fail to start for Xamarin Android apps using Fast Deployment. After a long (5 minute) wait, the error
Timed out waiting for result of ClearAppData2 was being thrown.
- Add simple
IApp and a configurable version to
AndroidApp already has a configurable version).
- Fix issue where incorrect coordinates were being reported for HTML elements on Android 6 devices and which could cause methods such as ScrollTo to fail.
- Grant all permissions when installing an app on Marshmallow. When an application is installed on an M device, all requested permissions are granted when installing.
- Fix mono not found when uploading from OS-X and mono is not in the PATH.
SwipeRight in favor of
Swipe* methods to allow for variable swipe speed/distance when using gestures.
Scroll* methods to allow for variable swipe speed/distance and optional inertia when using gestures.
- New API
Frame() for performing actions within iframes on iOS. Android support to be added, currently throws an Exception if used.
- Calabash Android Server updated to 0.6.0.
IApp.SetSliderValue for manipulating slider elements.
iOSApp.SendAppToBackground supports iOS v9.
Invoke supports backdoor methods which take multiple parameters.
- Ensures soft keyboard is enabled on iOS simulators.
- Fixed mono not found when uploading from Linux.
- Fixed NUnit annotations including TestCase and ValueSource not working when submitted to test cloud.
- Fixed REPL does not open because mono does not exist in /usr/bin/mono in el Capitan.
- Fixed REPL unable to load Xamarin.UITest.dll from Xamarin Studio on Windows.
- Re-added ApiKey() as a deprecated method. It is no longer necessary to specify ApiKey during App Configuration.
- Added support for iOS 9 [Requires Xamarin Test Cloud Agent 0.16.2].
- Xamarin.UITest is now available to everyone and no longer requires an api key to run on physical devices or longer than 15 minutes!
- Fixed a localization issue with Android keytool.
- Fixed an edge case when uploading and specifying assembly directories with trailing slashes.
- Added error for
app.SendAppToBackground when using iOS 9 since Apple removed support.
- Added gesture based iOS scroll.
- Added upload id to output when uploading to Xamarin Test Cloud.