Inspector 0.6.2 Released

abockabock USXamarin Team, Insider Xamurai

The Inspector team is happy to announce the availability of the 0.6.2 release!

This release is a quick followup to the previous one with many workbook improvements and bug fixes including much better rich text editing, and support for Xamarin Studio 6.0 from the Alpha channel. Check out the release notes for more details.

• KellyAdamsKellyAdams USMember

Seeing this error in the Inspector log when launching my Xamarin Forms app in debug mode into the Xamarin Android Player (Nexus 5 Lollipop):

InspectorDebugSession(1): StateChange: Start -> EntryPointBreakpointRegistered
    InspectorDebugSession(1): Constructed
    InspectorDebugSession(1): HandleTargetEvent: TargetReady
    InspectorDebugSession(1): HandleTargetEvent: TargetHitBreakpoint
    InspectorDebugSession(1): StateChange: EntryPointBreakpointRegistered -> EntryPointBreakpointHit
    InspectorDebugSession(1): AgentBridge.InjectAssembly: /data/data/com.olivetree.NIVZondervanStudyBible/cache/Xamarin.Inspector.Android.dll
    InspectorDebugSession(1): StateChange: EntryPointBreakpointHit -> BreakdanceInvoking
    InspectorDebugSession(1): AgentBridge.InjectAssembly: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at Xamarin.Inspector.IdeSupport.AgentBridge.StartBreakdance()
    at Xamarin.Inspector.IdeSupport.InspectorDebuggerSession.b__26_0(Object )
    InspectorDebugSession(1): StateChange: BreakdanceInvoking -> Error
    InspectorDebugSession(1): Disposed

Things I've tried:

• Deleted all build artifacts (obj/bin folders) -- I thought it might be pointing to a previous version of Xamarin.Inspector.Android.dll
    • Factory reset device in Xamarin Android Player
    • Stand-alone Inspector session on this device/environment DOES work.

Versions in play:
    Xamarin Android Player v0.6.5
    Microsoft Visual Studio Enterprise 2015 Version 14.0.24720.00 Update 1
    Xamarin 4.0.1.145 (f869dba)
    Xamarin Inspector Support 0.6.2.0 (980b94f)
    Xamarin.Android 6.0.2.1 (46c3f7e)
    Xamarin.Forms 2.0.0.6490

Downgrading to v0.6.0 fixes the issue.

• SandyArmstrongSandyArmstrong USXamarin Team, Insider Xamurai

@KellyAdams we didn't explicitly say this (I'll update the release notes to be more clear), but IDE integration in this version requires all Xamarin products to be installed from the alpha channel, not just Xamarin Studio.

Xamarin.Android made changes to its build process that Inspector 0.6.2 now depends on.

• KellyAdamsKellyAdams USMember

Aha! No worries, thanks for updating the release notes.