Storyboard refuses to render in Xamarin Studio, can only use XCode

JonShanksJonShanks GBMember ✭✭

Ok

I have tried numerous things to try get the Storyboard to render but keep getting a failure in Xamarin Studio. Opening it in XCode works 100%, and I use XCode 95% of the time but I now need to check something in the Xamarin Storyboard.

I've tried:

Relogging onto my account.
Shutting Xamarin down and restarting.
Duplicating the storyboard file, opening in XCode make a minor edit, save, close, reopen in Xamarin
Rebooting my iMac.

We are days from release and this start happening and all I get is one massive error stack in the window.

Xamarin, please make this error a little more easier to find what is causing the issue.

Either way here is the error provided in the Storyboard window:

Tagged:

• MikeCodesDotNetMikeCodesDotNet GBXamarin Team Xamurai

Hey,

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with our storyboard designer for Xamarin Studio. Can I ask that you go ahead and log a bug for our engineers to investigate?

If you could include all your logs, version info and a copy of the storyboard, they'll be able to quickly reproduce the issue.

I should add that I've been using the preview of Xamarin Studio and the performance and stability increase in the latests builds is very exciting.

• JonShanksJonShanks GBMember ✭✭

Bug posted - 39291

Well glad that the stability issue is been sorted. I do most of my work in XCode though, I find the constraint editor a lot better.

iOS Designer in Xamarin studio though has a neat way of adding outlets, which in XCode is a pain to do.