Xaml InitializeComponent - Build error

hi,

I am new to Xamarin Forms..

I created the shared project, added the Form xaml page, after then i am getting build error, InitializeComponent deos not exist.

I am using VSTS2012 - update5.

I tried most of the way posted on other forum - but that didn't help.

Any clue ?

thanks
Vimal

• I am having the same issue. It is a project that was created on a Mac in XS. When I open and build it in VS2015 I get 30 or so errors. One for each instance of InitializeComponent();

• ThomasBurkhartThomasBurkhart DEMember ✭✭✭✭

Please check in Properties if build action is set to embedded resource and custom tool set to
    MSBuild:UpdateDesignTimeXaml

• it works after adding the correct refernce in shared project csproj

This project references NuGet package(s) that are missing on this computer. Enable NuGet Package Restore to download them. For more information, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=322105. The missing file is {0}.

Thanks for helping.

• <Import Project="..\..\packages\Xamarin.Forms.2.0.1.6505\build\portable-win+net45+wp80+win81+wpa81+MonoAndroid10+MonoTouch10+Xamarin.iOS10\Xamarin.Forms.targets" Condition="Exists('..\..\packages\Xamarin.Forms.2.0.1.6505\build\portable-win+net45+wp80+win81+wpa81+MonoAndroid10+MonoTouch10+Xamarin.iOS10\Xamarin.Forms.targets')" /> <Target Name="EnsureNuGetPackageBuildImports" BeforeTargets="PrepareForBuild"> <PropertyGroup> <ErrorText>This project references NuGet package(s) that are missing on this computer. Enable NuGet Package Restore to download them. For more information, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=322105. The missing file is {0}.</ErrorText> </PropertyGroup> <Error Condition="!Exists('..\..\packages\Xamarin.Forms.2.0.1.6505\build\portable-win+net45+wp80+win81+wpa81+MonoAndroid10+MonoTouch10+Xamarin.iOS10\Xamarin.Forms.targets')" Text="$([System.String]::Format('$(ErrorText)', '..\..\packages\Xamarin.Forms.2.0.1.6505\build\portable-win+net45+wp80+win81+wpa81+MonoAndroid10+MonoTouch10+Xamarin.iOS10\Xamarin.Forms.targets'))" /> </Target>