new MobileServiceClient error

ConorStephensConorStephens IEUniversity

Hi, I'm trying to add file syncing to my app with Microsoft Azure. The problem I am getting is when I initialise the client with

client = new MobileServiceClient (applicationURL, applicationKey);

I get an error saying cannot convert string to System.Net.Http./HttpMessageHandler[]. Is the documentation for this feature wrong or have I made a mistake along the way?

Thanks Conor

Answers

• FredyWengerFredyWenger CHInsider ✭✭✭✭✭

@ConorStephens
    I don't know the "MobileServiceClient", but according to your error message, you try to fill a string as parameter where no string is accepted.
    So you should investigate the parameters for the required datatype and take care you pass the correct datatype.
    Maybe you have to pas the "applicationURL" as uri-datatype or something similar...

• DaveHuntDaveHunt USMember ✭✭✭✭✭

Can you post the actual method where you're getting this error? Based on the single line you posted, there's no way for us to tell what the problem is. Also, please post the exact text of the error message. What you posted is garbled and not the real text of the message.

In any event, MobileServiceClient has many different constructors. Apparently, the compiler can't figure out which one you wanted based on what you passed for arguments.