Account Login Issues?

EliseAskey.XEliseAskey.X USMember
edited February 2016 in General

Im having issues with my Xamarin.com login... for some reason... when clicking on 'View Account' from within Xamarin Studio, I can get to my account page just fine. However, when logging into my account directly from another computer (that other comuter is a Mac that I need to get the Xamarin platform installed on), it always says 'invalid login'.... so I tried to brute force this by resetting my password on the account page opened by Xamarin studio... that process works, but Im still unable to login to my account using any method outside of the 'View Account' in my Windows machine Xamarin Studio. Please help!!??

Best Answer

Answers

• EliseAskey.XEliseAskey.X USMember
    edited February 2016

Update 30 minutes later - Now the Xamarin Studio 'View Account' is not working either... I am completely locked out of my account at this point. I can go through the reset password process and it succeeds, but then I am still unable to login to my account with the password I just set up. I have tried multiple browsers, no dice... seems perhaps my account is either locked out or 'confused' at the moment.... can someone take a look-see?

• Seems editing a post marks it as answered as well.

• DaveHuntDaveHunt USMember ✭✭✭✭✭

@EliseAskey.X said:
    Seems editing a post marks it as answered as well.

It doesn't get marked as answered until you mark it as such. "Answered" by itself just means someone has responded to your post. When you mark a post as answered, there will be a checkmark next to the Answered indicator.

Or are you saying your edited post got marked with the checkmark?

• ah... yes Dave... thanks for that explanation.. it was just showing as 'Answered' in the thread listing... not with a checkmark.

Xamarin Support - Don't get thrown off by Dave's answer to my own tangent.. (sorry about that)... Im still having Login/Account issues. :-)

• DaveHuntDaveHunt USMember ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

You should contact [email protected] (and/or [email protected]) to get this resolved. They're probably going to have to tweak something server side. Xamarin support people don't normally watch the forums.