Xamarin Profiler - Memory allocated

FranciscoGGFranciscoGG ESMember ✭✭
edited February 2016 in Xamarin.Forms

I want to optimize my XamarinForms app, so I am starting to use Xamarin Profiler, and I can see that the memory allocated for my Android app is always around 50MB.

But I don't know if it this amount is OK or if the app is consuming too much memory.

Guys, could you orient me a bit more about this?

• FranciscoGGFranciscoGG ESMember ✭✭
    edited March 2016

Hi guys, somebody know something about this? I have read the documentation but there is no a range.

I don't know if this amount is acceptable. I don't think so...

edited March 2016

The allocated memory is 50MB when the app starts, and it starts to increase around +1.6MB when I do push and around +0.2MB when I pull a page.

Of course, the more I navigate, the app goes slower and slower.

I am using MVVMcross as MVVM framework.

• ThomasBurkhartThomasBurkhart DEMember ✭✭✭✭

@FranciscoGG I cannot say this from my experience. just pushing an popping does not increase memory usage everytim, at least after some time GC will take care of it.
    But 50MB allocated at startup seems very much. Ok my current App is not very big now, but it starts with 9MB Memory and after some pushing and popping it settles around 18MB and don't slows down.
    I'm using FreshMVVM, which I think is better suited for XF as MVVMCross has a lot of functionality that is already integrated in Xamarin.Forms. (That's what I was told)

@ThomasBurkhart said:
    @FranciscoGG I cannot say this from my experience. just pushing an popping does not increase memory usage everytim, at least after some time GC will take care of it.
    But 50MB allocated at startup seems very much. Ok my current App is not very big now, but it starts with 9MB Memory and after some pushing and popping it settles around 18MB and don't slows down.
    I'm using FreshMVVM, which I think is better suited for XF as MVVMCross has a lot of functionality that is already integrated in Xamarin.Forms. (That's what I was told)

Do you think it would help to migrate my project to FreshMVVM? I am using it in another project and I am very happy, but I am not sure if this can be the problem.

• ThomasBurkhartThomasBurkhart DEMember ✭✭✭✭

@FranciscoGG I don't know if it will solve you problem. How is your experience with your other App that uses FreshMVVM?

@ThomasBurkhart my experience is fine, but it is just an small project. Not big by the moment...